Help. My battery is being drained at a record pace. My data transfer arrows have been going crazy for the past couple days. Since then the battery life of my phone has dropped off the face of the earth. I did a memory clear and then used a restore point that was from 6 days ago. (Lost 6 days of e-mails off my blackberry) but the arrows are still flashing. I talked with verizon and they say i havent sent or received much date in the past couple days and they are as confused as i am. (Im not surprised that they are confused!!) Please help! Thanks all...
    11-12-08 01:07 PM
    Do you use Viigo or Facebook?
    11-12-08 01:11 PM
    I use nothing except for Exchange server... Verizon says no data is being transfered... so i dont know what it could be doing
    11-12-08 01:53 PM
    how do you use exchange server? are you on a bes or bis?
    11-12-08 03:37 PM
    I am on my corporates exchange server
    11-12-08 04:21 PM
    Have year job get it a new battery that thing is beat. Only explanation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 04:27 PM
    Talk to your admin maybe they are pushing something out to their devices that failed and keeps trying.

11-12-08 04:28 PM
    I have noticed that the arrows will flash no matter what kind of information the device is sending or receiving. I don't think it is anything to be worried about, unless its a steady and continuous flash
    11-12-08 04:41 PM
    Mine does it sometimes the arrows go crazy and the phone gets warm but it only happened like 3 times in a the past month I had my phone. My carrier gave me a new battery but that wasn't the problem, so now I got two batteries and carry a spare incase it happens. The sales associate said he could give me a new phone if I wanted to go threw reinstallin everything on a new phone but he also said the new phone may not be the problem and probably would do the same thing. He says we are not in a 3G equivilant area my carrier calls it something else like XES or something we are in a 1X zone, anyway he said it may be that I lose data or the data is so low the phone is searching for stronger signal to hookup to my email and other stuff that is always running. Maybe this helps ya some.
    11-12-08 11:54 PM
    I can't see if your phone is one with GPS, but if so, and you are running google maps or something similar, turn the GPS off, and see if that helps. My wife's 8110 with GPS did that a couple of times and I turned off her GPS, and then the arrows stopped. Apparently, it kept trying to locate the position of the phone.

11-13-08 06:41 AM
    This same thing happened with my 8320...battery gone in 30 minutes with data transfer arrows going constantly! I tried everything. I finally reinstalled the OS with a newer version. It was still doing it! Then finally I deleted all my emails that a friend keeps sending me with attachments that won't even open on my Blackberry. AND THAT DID IT I don't know if that will help you or not but maybe? From what I have read my phone just keeps trying to open the attachment over and over, thus draining the battery. It never showed when i did the Alt then Back arrow to show running programs...
    Anyway good luck....
    01-27-09 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the tip on deleting emails, that just saved me!
    07-22-09 12:03 PM
    sounds like it could be due to poor service. sometimes mine goes a little crazy when im in the country and some of my old phones (not BBs) had it even worse. if i was even close to roaming, my battery would die in a matter of hours.
    07-22-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD