Hey guys, new here. Sorry my first post was with a problem. I just got my pearl Saturday from Verizon. It is absolutely amazing except for this annoying days issue. About twice a day all my data will shut off.

No email, net, messenger. It will not work until I do a battery pull for 30 seconds. That puts it back to normal.
    Is this something that I have to get Verizon to fix? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 07:19 AM
    Do you have the latest OS? Check Verizon's website and reload it. If that doesn't work take it back for a new one.
    04-15-08 07:27 AM
    I used to have this issue til i cleared out a lot of memory. Do a search for memory leak issues and you'll see a lot of threads. If you clear out a decent amount of space and have around 12-20mb of free space you should be able to avoid this issue. Also make sure you actually are closing applications instead of just going back to the home screen. This will also help remedy some of the memory issues..
    04-15-08 12:46 PM
    Thanks a lot. I was trying to post back during math but my internet cut out, figures. I do tend to multitask way too much. Nothing is stored on the phone because I have a 1gb microSD card, so nothing to worry about there. I'll remember to close apps more.

Pretty much certain I have a defective battery. It was all good today until I get on the web during math, dropped my battery to hovering between 65%-70%. Other people with pearls I know can do email and internet for 2 days before a charge. It died on me last night before I could get home to charge. My battery is less efficient than my Jeep.
    04-15-08 05:20 PM
    what is your free memory ? go under options/ status and tell me your file free
    04-15-08 05:22 PM
    i have the same phone, i got it late january and i had all the same things that are happening to you. I went to the store and the unhelpful assholes there called technicians said it happens and it'll eventually stop happening, and now its april and its perfect, everything was exactly like how yours is until about end of feb. it should start working and everything goes into order soon enough, battery is beautiful for me now, when it used to die after like 10 hrs of me doin nothing when i first got it, it shud be fine soon. goodluck
    04-15-08 06:00 PM
    Alright thanks then. I guess I just need to charge it a lot and break it in. I sure am breaking in that internet browser though. ;-)
    04-15-08 10:10 PM
    Since your question was answered, welcome to CB

04-15-08 10:19 PM
    Hey, I have a Sprint 8130 and it often drops all data as well. I've not updated the OS and truly wonder if that is the answer or not.....?

04-16-08 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD