I have an Alltel 8130...I used to have a Motorola E815 which had a Data Connectivity Kit which allowed me to connect my phone to my computer and edit my phone book. Is there anything available other than the Desktop Manager provided with the 8130 that uses Outlook?...One of my biggest issues is the ability to customize ringers for certain people in my phone book without doing it thru the phone, You would think you could edit all of your phone functions some other way than thru the phone keyboard with all the things these can do!
    01-03-08 11:00 AM
    There is nothing but the Desktop Manager. Unfortunatly, you can't do your custom ringtones through DM or Outlook. You're stuck with editing them on the device.
    01-03-08 11:13 AM
    There is nothing but the Desktop Manager. Unfortunatly, you can't do your custom ringtones through DM or Outlook. You're stuck with editing them on the device.
    John, Thanks for the info!
    01-03-08 11:28 AM
    Check out the Pix n' Tunes Kit. They are now compatible with BlackBerry(s) 8130, 8310, 8700g and 8820.

Pix 'n Tunes Software Download-DP400-SW1-DW

Features:
    • Upload and download ring tones, wallpapers and pictures directly to your cell FREE via data cable.
    • Clip your favorite MIDI, MP3, or CD tracks to create the custom tunes you love.
    • Pick your favorite music and images stored on your computer and assign them to contacts as Caller IDs using your cell phone settings. Now you know who is calling!
    • If you have a camera phone, transfer the pictures you take to your PC so that you can easily share them with friends and family.
    01-03-08 11:36 AM
    You can create them on your computer and transfer them to your BB but my point was that the actual assigning to a contact, etc. must take place on the BB. You can't assign it in Outlook or any other application.
    01-03-08 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD