Hi guys,

I have a big problem, I think.
    I've recently changed jobs and my former boss let me keep my pearl 8110.
    He told me it was not simlocked, because I have vodafone and the company used T-(ffing)Mobile. And he was right. He also made sure my phone was removed from the T-mobile BBserver and I was good to go. So we thought.

Vodafone verified that my phone wasn't registered anywhere so I only had to put my sim in and turn the phone on. Everything seemed to work, but in the right top corner it says: 'gprs'. So no capitals, so no google maps, facebook or what so ever. So I text, make phonecalls, even browse the internet, but the applications and email don't work. The nice people from vodafone made me try all the usual and unusual steps.

Wipe the phone
    Change networks
    remove battery
    register at the hrt-menu

But none worked. They went looking for the answer and I was just called back with the disturbing message that T-Mobile build in some kind of 'netlock'. Which, they say, can't be removed...

It makes sense, but the "can't be removed" part doesn't. Isn't there a way to 'flash' the phone like in the old days and just upload the vodafone rom?
    I've tried just updating with the vodafone software, didn't remove the vendor.xml and it kinda worked but the bootscreen still says T-Mobile...

Help me guys, I know you can
    08-10-09 07:58 AM
    The phone is unlocked correctly right? Cause if the phone is unlocked it should work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 09:27 AM
    Is this T-Mo UK?
    08-10-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD