When one should I get ----- the Curve or the Pearl----- which one is better? Thanks
    03-06-08 12:43 AM
    I'm a newbie to the Blackberry world coming from the Palm Treos. Personally, the main reason for the switch for me was the slim factor of the Pearl. It's amazing to have a regular phone sized device in my pockets again and in that respect I would definitely give a thumbs up for the Pearl.

The SureType, from what I hear, is a love it or hate it functionality. I love it. I think it works quite well and it's rare that I have to switch to MultiTap mode.
    03-06-08 12:53 AM
    Depends on what you want. I chose the Pearl and sacrificed a full keyboard for the smaller size. Also they didn't offer the Curve on Verizon
    03-06-08 01:12 AM
    The Curve
    03-06-08 04:58 AM
    I considered both, and for me I got the Pearl because I had been using a Razr and really loved the ability to keep the phone in my pocket and not feel like I had something bulky or heavy in it. Sure Type keyboard is fine, although i do find i press two keys at a time on occasion. But I only got it 3 weeks ago and I think I will get used to it with no problem.
    03-06-08 06:27 AM
    Personal preference. Try them both out and see what you like.
    03-06-08 06:30 AM
    I don't really get how you can say either device is better. It's a case of working out what features you would like on your Blackberry and then matching it to a model that offers these.

If both the Curve and Pearl do everything you want, then it simply comes down to personal preference as Chaz said.

Would you like a slimline model?
    Do you want a full qwerty keyboard?

I personally went for the Pearl as I wanted a regular sized cellphone that would fit nicely into my pocket. Initially I had some reservations about the SureType keyboard over a full qwerty but the size was more important.

As it turns out, the SureType keyboard is great, the only problem I had was adjusting to a proper laid out keyboard from the regular ones used on a cell phone. The amount of times I pressed 8 expecting to type T
    03-06-08 06:39 AM
    AS others have said...it is principally about the size of the phone and your desire/need to have a qwerty keyboard. IF size is your more important function...the Pearl is the obvious choice. If size is less of an issue and you prefer the Qwerty keyboard...then clearly it is the Curve for you.

I have the Pearl and came from the qwerty board of the Treo line. I wanted a smaller phone and one that provided essentially the same functionality as the larger phones. The adjustment to suretype was easy and happened for me in a day or two at the most. I would not go back to the bigger phones personally.
    03-06-08 08:44 AM
    ah, the age old question. pearl or curve?

i didn't have the option to get a curve yet b/c i'm w/ verizon. however, now i'm glad that i got the pearl. i love it!

the size is good for me, i love suretype - i'm able to type faster, and it has everything i need or want in a berry.

i agree you should try them both out. either way, i don't think you'll be disappointed. good luck and let us know what you decide!
    03-06-08 08:47 AM
    Pearl.
    looks good!
    and SHINY!
    03-06-08 08:52 AM
    thanksawholebunch
    03-06-08 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD