Hello,

First off, thanks to everyone who participates in this forum. So far it has been an invaluable tool for finding information about my phone. Unfortunately, I could not find a specific solution/answer to my current problem.

Background Info
    I bought a new Blackberry 8110 unlocked off of eBay to replace my lost Blackberry 8120 from my carrier. The phone I bought was originally branded for SunCom wireless, yet it is "unlocked." I'm attempting to use it with the Cincinnati Bell network. I have blackberry internet service with my carrier.

I have done no configuration or anything yet.
    I simply put my SIM card in the phone, and tried some things. My browser and everything works fine, while the phone is working overall. I received one error message about an unregistered browser

The Problem
    The phone occasionally crashes and gives me the "angry" red light, then takes forever to restart.
    I learned that this only happens when the phone's mobile network connection is ON. If the network is off, everything is fine. As soon as I turn the network on, it's just a matter of time (lately this has been just a few seconds) before the phone crashes.

And yes, I've tried removing the battery. The problem is persistent.

Hypothesis?
    This is the second time I've had the "crash and angry red light" problem with a n unlocked phone from ebay. I had a pearl 8100 that did the same thing, but I assumed the phone was simply a lemon and bought a pearl 8120 from my carrier. Could it somehow be my network seeking revenge on me for buying a phone off of eBay? I know this seems dramatic, but could there be some configuration setting difference that is causing this problem to happen.

I still have the option of returning the phone, but that would cost me return shipping and another few weeks without a phone. (but I guess I don't really have a phone now so yeah..)

All suggestions or solutions are greatly appreciated.
    12-09-08 09:17 PM
    Crashes how? Any error messages?
    12-09-08 09:28 PM
    The screen goes black, and the red light at the top comes on. When you turn the phone back on you get the white screen with the hourglass.
    12-09-08 09:53 PM
    You sure the battery isn't lose and it's fully charged? Do you have a microsd card inserted?
    12-09-08 10:21 PM
    Battery is fully charged and inserted properly, no microsd card inserted.

I looked into reinstalling the OS for the handheld... but since Cinci Bell has never sold the 8110 they don't have an OS for it. :-(

I think this phone is just going back to the seller.
    12-09-08 10:57 PM
    My wife is having this same issue on her 8310. It was bought from at&t though and only happens when she is using the browser. You are the only other case I have been able to find with same problem. I too think it may be some setting or "software" issue. I think I will try resending the service books threw the email setup icon when I get home from work today. I'll let you know if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 02:02 PM
    Well that didn't fix it maybe a wipe and reinstall OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD