I'll start this off by saying hello to everyone, this is my first post Hello!

This afternoon I tried to text my father, but as I was typing my message, whenever I pressed either 1, 4, 7, or '*' (all buttons that are second from the far left on the keypad) the button's neighboring 'QW' 'AS' 'ZX' and 'up/down arrow' (or the button directly left of the button I was attempting to key) would fire first as well.

Earlier today I was not having this problem. I have tried powering down and restarting my handheld, even removing the battery. It doesn't help, which suggests to me that this is either a physical problem (ie damage from trauma) or there's programming that's been somehow altered and is causing this problem. I haven't dropped the handheld, neither has it come into contact with water, I can pretty confidently rule out physical damage.

Any ideas?
    10-01-08 06:15 PM
    There are no known viruses in the wild. Try removing the battery for 30 seconds while the phone is on, then putting it back in.
    10-01-08 06:19 PM
    Hey there Zekk. I have never heard of any viruses affecting BBs. I am sure that is on the horizon, but nothing as of yet. Let us know if the batt pull works. Hopefully, it is nothing major.
    10-01-08 06:29 PM
    Sunkast is correct. There are no viruses known to affect blackberries. Did you perhaps inadvertantly get your device wet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 06:40 PM
    Some my fingers touch both keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 01:26 AM
    You are not crazy. I have had the same problem on my 8130. It came randomly. Sometimes it would undo itself...sometimes I would have to pull the battery....sometimes I would try deleting browser cache, cookies, and pulling the battery to free up memory. It appeared totally out of the blue and seemed connected to nothing. It was not hardware related and I could never duplicate it. Only happened on those 4 keys and I could never get to the store to show a tech before it would clear itself. It stopped happening about a month ago and then this week I started having trackball problems and my ALT key stopped working (couldn't hold it down and type numbers...had to press ALT release press a number, press ALT again, release, etc.). VZW replaced my Pearl under warranty and the new one is not having this problem.
    10-06-08 09:49 PM
    +1 Go get a new fone if its still that new! Warranty is where its at! lol
    10-07-08 02:31 PM
    No if you are crazy, so am I! My 8130 Pearl is acting completely nuts. The sure type tech stopped working, it shuts down on its own, and the latest is receiving texts in triplicate. I think it's a virus.
    03-20-09 08:34 PM
    There are NO KNOWN VIUSES for BlackBerrys. The way the OS is built and distributed makes the extremely hard to do. If you have installed any 3rd party apps then one could get in that way BUT, with 800 000 members here on CrackBerry the news would spread like wildfire and that has not happened.

Your phone does not have a virus. Far more likely is that it is running out of memory. Please check Options, Ststus to make sure that you have more than 12Mb of File Free.

This number will decrease over time and the 81xx series did not have much memory to start with so you need to keep an eye one this almost on a daily basis.
    03-20-09 08:40 PM
    No if you are crazy, so am I! My 8130 Pearl is acting completely nuts. The sure type tech stopped working, it shuts down on its own, and the latest is receiving texts in triplicate. I think it's a virus.
    Uh, no, it may be a gremlin, but it is not a virus.
    03-20-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD