I just recently got my bb, I have a memory card for it, but how do I move files from the micro SD to the phone also if I set a personal ringer it will work as there ringer for texts to right?
    11-23-08 05:59 PM
    I just recently got my bb, I have a memory card for it, but how do I move files from the micro SD to the phone also if I set a personal ringer it will work as there ringer for texts to right?
    Let me get this correct. You want to move items from your card to your phone? In any case, you can do this through the "media" application.

As far as the personal ringer - yes. Go to profiles / advanced / choose your profile / choose text and make your changes.
    11-23-08 06:02 PM
    Why would you want to move things from the SD card to the BB? You want to leave as much on the card as you can to keep your BB's memory as free as possible.

You can/need to set up a ringer for each different event; phone, SMS, MMS, Messenger, etc.
    11-23-08 06:03 PM
    it wont give me any options to move or anything in media
    11-23-08 06:04 PM
    because i gotta get a new one for it and my computer is fried
    11-23-08 06:05 PM
    What exactly are you trying to move?
    11-23-08 06:10 PM
    my ringers so i dont loose any of them .. i have them on my computer, but no good will it do since it wont boot up
    11-23-08 06:18 PM
    Google a free program called Rove Mobile File Manager and see if you can find it OTA. I forget how to access this info on the older OS's.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 11-23-08 at 06:28 PM.
    11-23-08 06:24 PM
    ok ty so much i appreciate it ... i got to much on this sd card i cant lose glad i got this phone when i did .. ty again
    11-23-08 06:26 PM
    That is a question I had also, How do I move my games to my SD card so that I can free up memory on my BB. I have all my pics and videos on the card but do not know how to move my games there, if anyone knows please tell me, I would also love to know how to save all my contact data to the SD card so that the next time my 2 year old gets my phone and deltes all I donot lose everything.
    11-23-08 08:34 PM
    That is a question I had also, How do I move my games to my SD card so that I can free up memory on my BB. I have all my pics and videos on the card but do not know how to move my games there, if anyone knows please tell me, I would also love to know how to save all my contact data to the SD card so that the next time my 2 year old gets my phone and deltes all I donot lose everything.
    I don't think you can install applications to the SD card. You cannot save your contacts there either.

You could sync your BB with your PC and have a backup of everything if you are concerned with losing data.
    11-23-08 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD