how can i get my email on my exchange server/outlook on my 8130 if my company doesn't have a BES?
    12-28-07 01:47 PM
    If you have a computer you can leave on at work 24hours, I would use the Blackberry Desktop Re-Director. The software is on the disk that came with your phone.

That is what I do even though my company does have BES, I wanted a cheaper plan with Sprint using BIS.
    12-28-07 02:08 PM
    Can you access your email through OWA (Outlook Web Access)?
    12-28-07 02:26 PM
    Can you access your email through OWA (Outlook Web Access)?
    yes...using the same userID and password that i set up my BB with
    12-28-07 06:01 PM
    how can i get my email on my exchange server/outlook on my 8130 if my company doesn't have a BES?
    ...by setting up your email in Email Settings. This is utilizing RIM's BIS feature.

You can get BIS-only email & Browsing from VZW for $29.99...
    12-28-07 07:12 PM
    ...by setting up your email in Email Settings. This is utilizing RIM's BIS feature.

You can get BIS-only email & Browsing from VZW for $29.99...
    i think you are misunderstood. i want to sync to my company's exchange server to receive work emails on the road. BIS-only email does not serve this purpose.

thank you for the reply
    12-28-07 07:40 PM
    i think you are misunderstood. i want to sync to my company's exchange server to receive work emails on the road. BIS-only email does not serve this purpose.

thank you for the reply
    And they don't have a BES? Can't you simply provision POP3 settings in BIS? Tell them to buy the Small Business BES for the $500 it is. They can probably get it for free with the right VZW rep.

Maybe I'm just too used to dealing with Company's on a BES...
    12-28-07 09:11 PM
    My IT guy found a link for a way to install (from RIM) software that allows one person to be able to use their exchange with or like the BES. He sent me the link and I have since deleted it. He is on vacation this week and next week when he is back we will be tackling this. I'm hoping we can get it working or I'll have to go back to my Treo which we were able to get set up with the 2007 exchange server. My fingers are crossed...
    I will let you know if we are successful and what all we had to do.
    Not sure if I can post a link: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Press Releases
    12-29-07 01:11 PM
    You CAN get corporate email via BIS IF they have OWA. Simply set it up via the BIS web portal. I have done it before on my 8130 (I just changed companies and haven't had all my accounts set up, but I will be doing it again if I need to). However, this is for email ONLY. You CANNOT sync contacts, calendar, etc without a BES.

Repeat: you CAN get Exchagne email via BIS if and ONLY if your company has OWA. Visit your carrier's BIS portal and set it up as a new account. Just follow the directions.
    12-29-07 11:29 PM
    Well - I guess I'll go try this again. I don't necessarily need my calendar and contacts to sync (we are a small healthcare company and I am the only one with a Bberry).
    I tried this on the email setup on the Pearl itself and it timed out - I think my IT guy has security set very high.
    Plus I thought I read that you could do mail this way, but that you would only get email and not be able to send email through the server?
    Yes - we do hae OWA as well as those that are more stationary have the actual Oulook desktop set up.
    12-30-07 11:03 AM
    I had a similar problem.

it probably how you are setting it up.
    don't try : [email protected]
    try: yournetworkloginid@exchange(or domanin).company.com
    12-30-07 11:27 AM
    I just did it and it seemed to work...? I got a message and was able to reply (I think) as there was an error message of some sort. Although I am not so sure it is not related to the Gmail issue as that is where I replied to.
    One question though is just how "real time" is that? Is it push and instant just like everything else in the Bberry world? It came through in a couple of minutes.
    12-30-07 11:42 AM
    Push should be instant. I have noticed some delays of seconds to a few minutes. Anything longer than that would be a probelm.
    12-30-07 11:55 AM
    Hmmm - well it worked once and I thought I had it.
    Now the last two test messages made it to Outlook Web Access - but not the Pearl...?
    Maybe I will have to have my IT guy install that single user thing I mentioned above.
    Bummer.
    12-30-07 12:07 PM
    Okay - scratch that it seems to be working again....?
    If this is the case (because again - I don't necessarily have to have the calendar and contacts) I can bump down to the $30 plan and have unlimited text, etc. Sweet.
    Thanks to the person who suggested this - I tried to do it on the actual Pearl and it would not work as far as setting it up. It required the settings on the BIS website on the PC.
    12-30-07 12:14 PM
    Glad it worked for you. Monitor it a bit. I was having additional problems. I wasn't receiving all of my emails.

So, watch it for a couple of days.
    12-30-07 12:18 PM
    Hmmm - it is coming through okay but I get weird messages when I send - like a read receipt but not quite.
    Maybe my IT guy can turn this off or something. He is on break for a few days (then again most of the world is on break for the next few days).
    12-30-07 12:28 PM
    Thanks for your help by the way - you are pretty knowledgeable and a quick poster. I'm slowly learning who to rely on as far as reponses. I was up to about 125 or so posts on the sister site (mytreo.net) and one could tell who was helpful there.
    12-30-07 12:29 PM
    No problem, I am waiting for a DVD to finish encoding and burning.

Feel free to PIN me if you have any other questions.

I am trying to get to Crackberry Addict.

CrackBerry Newbie: 0 posts
    CrackBerry User: 10 posts
    CrackBerry Abuser: 100 posts
    CrackBerry Addict: 500 posts
    CrackBerry Master: 1000 posts
    CrackBerry God: 1500 posts
    CrackBerry God of Gods: 5000 posts
    12-30-07 12:37 PM
    Hmmm - it is coming through okay but I get weird messages when I send - like a read receipt but not quite.
    Maybe my IT guy can turn this off or something. He is on break for a few days (then again most of the world is on break for the next few days).
    What are these read receipts saying? Is it something like: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/rim...0811c6a2-9946/
    12-30-07 12:56 PM
    No - they just say they were relayed. There is no long line of numbers or really any great detail - just that it was relayed.
    I forwarded them to my IT guy - will let you know what happens.
    Also it is about a 2 to 5 minute delay when receiving messages. Not the end of the world, but not overly instant. I work in healthcare and sometimes instant is needed.
    12-31-07 08:19 AM
    Yeah, 2 to 5 mins is a bit long. Do you notice that you are going in and out of service area?

I tried the set-up of OWA using BIS and I have to honestly say it didn't work for me.
    I like instant. So, I choose desktop re-director but I have a computer at work that makes that possible for me.
    12-31-07 09:11 AM
    I had a similar problem.

it probably how you are setting it up.
    don't try : [email protected]
    try: yournetworkloginid@exchange(or domanin).company.com
    i tried this and i BIS says not valid...

this is getting frustrating. i tried setting up a rule in outlook to forward email to my BB email address but IT has security setup to not allow forwarding like this.

i absolutely love the pearl and i DO NOT want to go back to the treo 700 but i really want to be able to get my email from work! i might try the desktop redirect...how quickly do you get your messages from this?

thanks for the help so far!
    12-31-07 09:38 AM
    Instant like seconds but your computer has to be on 24hrs.

It works great for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-07 09:49 AM
    You CAN get corporate email via BIS IF they have OWA. Simply set it up via the BIS web portal. I have done it before on my 8130 (I just changed companies and haven't had all my accounts set up, but I will be doing it again if I need to). However, this is for email ONLY. You CANNOT sync contacts, calendar, etc without a BES.

Repeat: you CAN get Exchagne email via BIS if and ONLY if your company has OWA. Visit your carrier's BIS portal and set it up as a new account. Just follow the directions.
    i did this and i get the message after 5minutes of validation that the account can no longer be validated...
    12-31-07 10:44 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD