I spoke with someone in customer service, tech support and sales. They all stated that the 8130 does have the color LED's under the trackball, the software just may not be compatible...

I just want to color my pearl, why is this so hard? Anyone have any further suggestions/comments?
    That is absolute nonsense.

I have just specified the SIMPLE, 30 second taking, Non-Damaging, 5 year old easy steps to discovering for yourselves that there are (and i must raise my voice a little here so people with cheese in their ears can hear me [impecakable])

THERE ARE NO RED / GREEN /BLUE LED LIGHTS IN THE 8120 OR 8130

(sorry)

The LEDs have been omitted in these models, if i could somehow seperate my camera from my handset to prove this then i would gladly do so.

Somebody out there (Including you Impecakable) remove your 8120 / 8130 trackball and confirm this please

Chamisra
    11-23-07 08:00 PM
    I took my ball apart and can confirm there is only one VERY bright LED on the lower right. Hopefully this will help!
    11-24-07 06:33 PM
    For whatever reason, RIM decided to do away with the colored LED's. The 8100 is the ONLY BB that can change the color of the trackball with software.

The only method is to place a small piece of clear tape of the led and then use a sharpie on the tape.
    11-24-07 07:05 PM
    Wegmans / John Clark

Thanks guys, there just seems plenty of completely mis-informed people throwing the wrong information around about this topic.

Think i'lll start a new thread to finally lay this to rest

Chamisra
    11-25-07 03:48 AM
    Wegmans / John Clark

Thanks guys, there just seems plenty of completely mis-informed people throwing the wrong information around about this topic.

Think i'lll start a new thread to finally lay this to rest

Chamisra
    Please see the new thread:http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/812...on-truth-9536/
    11-25-07 10:54 AM
    Trevor,

Thats my thread and if times are checked you will notice that i created it directly after i posted about creating a new thread to wegmans and jc.

cheers

Chamisra
    11-27-07 12:28 AM
    Fact: There is only one white LED under the trackball on the 8130. The older version (8100) has 4 LEDs. Which is why they have the colorball program. Cant change colors with only 1 LED.
    10-31-08 11:18 PM
    Why was a thread 1 year old resurrected cscott09?
    11-01-08 08:57 PM
    In order to delete an application directly from a blackberry, you must do:
    1. Go into options>Advanced Options>Applications
    2. You will then find a list of all the programs you have on your BB. Whne you find the app you want to delete, press the MENU button and select delete.
    3. You might need to restart your BB in order for it to delete it completley but other than that, it should work
    12-19-08 06:49 PM

on a side note.. Do you know if there is a way to use the flash as a flashlight? you know, keep the flash on constanstly and use the LED as a pocket torch? I was able to do that on all my past phones...

yes, you can have the flash on constantly if you go to the video camera and options then turn video light on. i use this as a flashlight all the time. and the best thing is you don't have to be recording while using the light!
    03-07-09 12:09 AM
    there isn't any application, but you can buy different color trackballs on ebay .
    06-28-09 10:07 PM
    i went to the geekandproud.net and it wouldnt work for my pearl 8110 either. idk what the problem is.?.?
    07-26-09 03:32 PM
    The problem is, the only Pearl with colored lights that hypnotize, is the 8100. All other BlackBerries only have white leds. Don't know why they made them like that, but unfortunately they did. For colored trackballs, try here:

Blackberry Parts, BlackBerry Curve Parts, Blackberry Pearl Parts, Blackberry Bold Parts
    07-26-09 07:07 PM
    my cousin and i were wantin the same thing!!!
    07-27-09 07:23 PM
    The only method is to place a small piece of clear tape of the led and then use a sharpie on the tape.

That is SOOOO ghetto~ lmao

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 08:38 PM
    That guy knows about our new phones, so i'm sure he's working on it, since he's commited to his product... Hopefully soon he will release a newer version if it is compatible...

on a side note.. Do you know if there is a way to use the flash as a flashlight? you know, keep the flash on constanstly and use the LED as a pocket torch? I was able to do that on all my past phones...
    buy a memory card and turn the light on under video and the flash will stay on the whole time. thats what i do and its quite a powerful flashlight
    07-27-09 09:02 PM
    i just got the pearl 8130 and i cant download any apps or even download app world.... Any suggestions?????
    10-05-10 05:51 PM
    i just got the pearl 8130 and i cant download any apps or even download app world.... Any suggestions?????
    1. This is totally off topic for the thread, you should have started one in the 81xx forum.

2. You need to make sure you have a BlackBerry data plan through your carrier.

3. Go into browser options and have the browser emulation set to BlackBerry.
    10-05-10 08:04 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD