I email myself text files and powerpoint slides so that I can study while I'm at work or just anywhere really. But those are huge documents and must take a lot of memory. So I was wondering if I had to clean up or does blackberry take care of it itself?
    10-28-08 11:28 PM
    Attachments are stored in your device unless you save them to the media card. Once they are saved, you can no longer view them with your email program.

Applications like WordToGo and SlideToGo will work nicely for you too. They do read from the media card.
    10-29-08 12:46 PM
    Yes but what if I want to delete the attachment data from my phone so I have more free space? Because I only habe opera mini installed and status says I have only 9MB of free space?
    10-30-08 02:22 PM
    Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    10-31-08 07:57 PM
    Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    If you delete the email that contains the attachment, you also delete the attachment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 08:02 PM
    I deleted my emails.. but my memory is still very low.
    10-31-08 08:15 PM
    Did you just reset your BB?? Pull out battery or use Reset software will throw away.
    10-31-08 08:57 PM
    Just did that. No change.
    10-31-08 08:58 PM
    Have you performed the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure? You can find it in a number of sigs.

10-31-08 09:14 PM
    Yes. I have done the simpler stuff.
    10-31-08 09:29 PM
    Unless you're on a mac, there's no reason not to do the more advanced steps, especially since you're low on memory.

10-31-08 09:31 PM
    I'll do it but I just don't understand how my memory is so low all of a sudden.

Which steps do you suggest I do from that document?
    10-31-08 09:33 PM
    All of them. They're safe to perform if you follow the directions. As for your sudden loss, have you installed something new? Viigo is a common memory problem culprit.

10-31-08 09:36 PM
    Yes! I had Viigo - but then I deleted it. Could it have its after effects?
    10-31-08 09:40 PM
    If you've pulled the battery since you deleted Viigo, it shouldn't have any lingering effects. Finish MOPing your system and see what File Free you get.

10-31-08 11:45 PM
    Now I have 22.9 MB free after I completely went through that guide.

I removed all the languages, sample video, wallpapers, backgrounds, themes, PTT, BB messenger, etc.

Is that enough of a free space?
    11-01-08 12:33 PM
    Congratulations on completing the MOP. 22M free memory is an excellent result. Just keep an eye on it, esp after installing any new apps, and you should have no more memory problems.

11-01-08 12:49 PM
    This was bugging me as well since it took up so much of my memory. here's how you clean it up. I'm prob. too late but o well! I saw a huge jump in flash memory after this.

Clear the Attachment Data using BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Double-click Backup and Restore, and click Advanced.
    4. From the list of Device Databases, click Attachment Data.
    5. Click Clear.
    6. In the Warning window, click OK.
    07-30-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD