I have a couple of chargers from my Motorola Q with the same mini USB connector. Seems like a very popular type of charger. It won't work on my Pearl. WIll my Motorola Q car charger also not work? Should be the same voltage and the connector looks the same. What gives?
    01-12-08 07:05 AM
    If the home charger doesnt work,the car charger wont either,they are all made to not be compatible for a reason,so you can buy a new charger for your pearl.
    01-12-08 07:27 AM
    Well that should change the 5 major cell makers are going to one single charging/data port style some point this year likely the micro-usb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 07:44 AM
    Well that should change the 5 major cell makers are going to one single charging/data port style some point this year likely the micro-usb.

Also if I recall correctly they actually use different voltages. And I believe the problem is that the pin configuartions for charging are different on the devices which is why it doesn't work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 07:53 AM
    Using the wrong charger will charge the battery...but it WILL shorten the life of the battery.
    01-12-08 08:04 AM
    Additional discussion here:Are all USB chargers alike
    01-12-08 10:31 AM
    I remember that thread.
    01-12-08 07:44 PM
    If the home charger doesnt work,the car charger wont either,they are all made to not be compatible for a reason,so you can buy a new charger for your pearl.
    Thats not true. My home charger for my PPC would not charge my Pearl, yet the car charger for the PPC will charge my Pearl.
    01-13-08 08:46 AM
    Call me old fashoined... but I stick with OEM for stuff like this.
    01-13-08 02:55 PM
    I used Motorola razr charger many times and works fine, although Q might have done something different.
    01-13-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD