I have a BB Pearl 8130 and want to change the ringtones for different text messages from different contacts. How do I do this??
    05-17-09 12:59 PM
    I have a bb8130 and I am unsure how to change ring tones for different contacts
    05-17-09 01:07 PM
    How do I change ring tones for different contacts for text messages?? I have a bb8130
    05-17-09 01:09 PM
    Edit Contacts / Add Custom Rightone.
    05-17-09 01:12 PM
    Go to your Address Book, select the contact you want to set the custom ring tone for, press the BB button, select Edit, and then press the BB button again and select Add Custom Ring Tone.
    05-17-09 01:13 PM
    Thank you, but my problem is specific to text messages. I can not seperate out different ring tones from different contacts in the text message icon. All the text messages sound the same.
    05-17-09 01:50 PM
    Thank you, but my problem is specific to text messages. I can not seperate out different ring tones from different contacts in the text message icon. All the text messages sound the same.
    05-17-09 02:04 PM
    I missed that in one of your posts. You can set individual ring tones for incoming phone calls, but there is only one alert for SMS text messages.
    05-17-09 03:53 PM
    If you wanted to switch devices, the Storm supports Custom Message tones.

I realize this is an expensive solution.
    05-17-09 04:01 PM
    I tried the method in the how to for my pearl but it never did do the trick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 04:37 PM
    When I first got my Pearl, I was looking to do the exact same thing. I had it on my razr, and it was nice knowing who was texting without having to look. Unfortunately, you can only set custom tones for phone calls. Too bad you can't take the custom message settings from the Storm and apply it to the Pearl.....
    05-19-09 02:29 AM
    When I first got my Pearl, I was looking to do the exact same thing. I had it on my razr, and it was nice knowing who was texting without having to look. Unfortunately, you can only set custom tones for phone calls. Too bad you can't take the custom message settings from the Storm and apply it to the Pearl.....
    Maybe they'll add it in a new OS. One can only hope right?

05-19-09 09:32 PM
    Maybe they'll add it in a new OS. One can only hope right?

Haha yeah...how long would we have to wait for that????? They (the carriers) seem to take a loooong time in testing their new OS before they actually release it.
    05-20-09 05:28 PM
    Haha yeah...how long would we have to wait for that????? They (the carriers) seem to take a loooong time in testing their new OS before they actually release it.
    There are always leaks maybe a feature in 5.0?? again only "what-ifing" here.
    05-21-09 04:12 PM
    Im almost positive that there is an app that lets you change the sms text for each contact. I asked this very same question on here awhile back, and I'm pretty sure someone replied with an app that does it. It costed money I believe, which is why I didn't download it. Also the reason I can not remember the name of it!! Sorry, but I'm sure someone will know what it is
    05-22-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD