Is it possable to change, or reflash from verizon to alltel or some other carrier with the BB. I know I did it with great success on the razar. When It was done i was able to do what verizon said could not be done. is this possible with BB?? Would that open up the GPS in the BB 8130?? also does anyone know of anyother secret menu for programing other then the ##000000 send?
    03-26-08 01:47 PM
    Depending on the phone, most OS versions are compatible between carriers. That won't change GPS functionality - the carrier will still control the service books they send to your BB, and that will control what functions are available to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 06:03 PM
    xopher Thanks for the understanding on how it works. with that in mind is there a way we can getinto that area where the books are stored and back them up after subscribing to navagator for one month then drop it and reinstall the book back to the phone?
    03-26-08 08:00 PM
    You don't need to. If you have BIS, you can log into the Verizon BIS site and resend the service books to your phone. Or you can call Verizon and ask them to.
    03-26-08 08:20 PM
    not sure what BIS is? but if i have them put it on and a month later have them take it off I dont think they will put it on for free or resend the book to unlock the gps? Im not sure if the backing up the phone will help for this or not?
    03-26-08 08:36 PM
    bis is just the blackberry section of verizon's website you should do a regular back up anyways you can set it to do it automatically once a week when you hook up to desktop manager
    03-26-08 08:41 PM
    Thanks blueberry. what do you think about that? will backing up put the book put it back on the phone??
    03-26-08 08:43 PM
    it doesn't have to you can always resend the service books back to you phone at any time
    03-26-08 08:44 PM
    so will that put the book back on the phone and open gps?
    03-26-08 08:46 PM
    ya it should it will be whatever is included in verizon's service books
    03-26-08 08:48 PM
    ok, even if i cancel the navagation service it will reload back to the phone and GPS service should be back on the phone. I will give it a try. Thanks a million for the help and ideas.
    03-26-08 08:50 PM
    no problem
    03-26-08 08:50 PM
    If you cancel the GPS service from Verizon, you will no longer have use of the GPS that is on your phone. Verizon locks all customers out of using GPS enabled phones unless you pay for their subscription service.
    03-26-08 08:53 PM
    thats correct verizon turnes the gps off. my question is if you subscribe to it back up the books or phone on desktop manager then have them turn it off, if i reload the books from the time i backed up the phone on desktop manager will gps be back. or if that dont work how about a good friend at some other carrier?? can he some how load that into the phone??
    03-27-08 09:59 AM
    That probably wouldn't work and is on the side of being illegal.
    03-27-08 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD