Hi,

I have a shiny new 9700 and was hoping to hand my much loved and trusty 8120 to a member of my family. So I wiped the phone and then managed to set the phone up with a new Orange SIM and got it working so that it says GPRS not gprs and have had the "Welcome to Blackberry from Orange" message and several "Registration" messages. However the email refuses to work, I try and do it from the email set up wizard on the phone and I am offered the BES option but not BIS. So I go to BlackBerry Internet Service and try and register the account and it says the phone isn't registered. So I call 450 from another phone (there is only �5 on the Berry sim) and nice lady in India I spoke to told me that they have been unable to register phones for three days. Which is odd because when I was registering my new 9700 on Thursday evening it worked fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? The lady said that they were hoping to have things up and running tomorrow but I suspect she was fobbing me off.

Any help really appreciated.
    08-14-10 11:21 AM
    And this is now resolved, the lady in India was talking rubbish - I have just spoken to the most helpful person ever at Orange who (was fantastic)stayed with me whilst we looked at the PAYG details and re did everything that had already been done, checked that she could see everything was working with the 8120 on her system before letting me put the phone down. Turns out there was apparently an issue with the credit being applied multiple times and then removed and then added back to the account. This lead to the account being suspended which was why we couldn't do anything with BIS.
    08-14-10 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD