Yeahhh... so basically I can't send or recieve pictures. I have the Pearl 8130 & go through uscellular. Everytime my friend (who also has uscellular) tries to send me a picture, I get a message telling me to go to uscellular.com/pics & to type in a code. And whenever I try to send one... it just won't send. Any suggestions? Or reasons as to whyyy this is?
    03-01-08 08:13 PM
    I think US cellular is like Sprint in that they dont support sending pics as sms or mms messages and they have to be sent by email, I know it sucks but to me the BB is still way better than my other devices. Besides its not the devices fault it the programming compatibility with the carrier's system

Still, you may want to call your carrier and ask just in case they have updated anything.

You may want to look here for more info on your carrier and sending pictures:
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Picture Messaging on BB Pearl
    Last edited by alexisbrooks; 03-02-08 at 07:52 AM.
    03-02-08 07:50 AM
    Yeah, id say ask your buddy to send them as an email. When I was with sprint the annoyed the crap outta me.
    03-02-08 08:07 AM
    I'm with US Cellular, too and having the same issues. It's very annoying bc not everyone I know has a smartphone and can send me pics as email. Bah oh well I can still use BB messenger and Yahoo messenger to send and receive pics just fine. Just stinks that I'm paying $40 for the data plan and I can't send simple MMS messages, but when I had EasyEdge for $10 I could send MMS messages just fine! Come on US Cellular get with the times!!
    03-05-08 07:52 AM
    I didn't know you could send pics with yahoo messenger. Thanks for the tip .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 10:28 AM
    I was always able to send pictures by email to myself and now they're not being received. I'm with ATT.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    03-07-08 07:49 AM
    ok I'm with VERIZON and I tried to send a pic and I'm not able to do it either! Has anyone found a work around for this?
    03-10-08 07:48 PM
    ok I'm with VERIZON and I tried to send a pic and I'm not able to do it either! Has anyone found a work around for this?
    I'm with Verizon and I can send pics with no issues.
    03-10-08 08:52 PM
    You have to do a battery pull for 1st time enable of MMS on the VZW 8130 if you're running OS .60
    03-10-08 09:27 PM
    I am a rep for us cellular. go into the store and have them add on easeyege picture messaging. you can either do the pay as you go at .25 or a packages
    03-24-08 11:37 AM
    I also work for US Cellular and there is no package you can add to send mms with the pearl currently
    06-07-08 06:50 PM
    I also work for US Cellular and there is no package you can add to send mms with the pearl currently
    Any picture messaging package that US Cellular offers is compatible with the Pearl. In fact, the Pearl is (currently) the only USCC smartphone that is MMS capable.

To staciejeanc and finfan, as was mentioned earlier, all you need to do is go in to a USCC location or call customer service and ask for picture messaging to be added to your account. Enjoy!!
    06-08-08 12:18 AM
    OK talked to USCC again and was told you can do MMS this time...

added a 2.99/20pix package just to humor you...

i can now send out mms (10digit only address no email)

but i can't receive them ....as of now...

test was don't to and from a sprint phone with a pix package
    (which my old ROKR sent/received pix form daily)

FYI
    the PEARL is the only USCC smart phone that can do this ..
    06-08-08 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD