For some reason I can only view e-mails in LogicMail, I set up two outgoing servers but I can't even see where to go to create a new e-mail message. I have the 8120 on AT&T with no data, just WiFi. Any help is much appreciated.
    08-14-08 07:36 AM
    Bump

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 08:43 PM
    bump
    bump
    bump
    08-15-08 12:50 PM
    Nvm, i'm an *****.
    08-15-08 04:05 PM
    Apparently I'm an ***** too.... but don't yet know why. Can you share what you did? What I've read is that the compose option will not appear until you add an smtp server. I've added two and no compose option, or I'm an extra ***** and can't find the compose option that's right in front of me.
    Thanks in advance.
    09-13-08 06:15 PM
    OK, so I FINALLY figured it out, and it only took me hours! I suggest that neither of us are *****s and nor are all the others who have posted about this particular issue. The problem is that logicmail's configuration is ILogical!

For those who think like me, the usual progression for setting up an email account is 1) enter incoming server info, 2) enter outgoing mail server, 3) fill the other stuff out in whatever order it is presented. That will run you afoul in Logicmail. The reason is that when you configure your incoming mail server (IMAP or POP) you have to specify the configuration name of the OUTGOING mail server that you want to use for that incoming account! Arrrgh!

So to save time and steps, configure your outgoing (SMTP) server(s) first, then configure your incoming servers (IMAP/POP) because you'll use whatever you named your SMTP server configuration in the IMAP/POP configuration. After that, the "Compose" option will magically appear when you press the menu key. I didn't see this documented anywhere, and yes, I DID look. Otherwise, it seems to be a great application.

BearWayne
    09-13-08 07:01 PM
    for some reason the WiFi wasn't turn on for me as default

Global setting>> WiFi mode >> ALWAYS

did the trick
    05-19-09 10:12 PM
    Hi

This was a real Head f...., but we got there.

With Telstra (Australia) if the SMPT has logging info it craps out and will not connect.

Solution
    Set server mail.bigpond.com

Auth - NONE
    Leave user / Pw blank
    Tick Use MDS proxy

All is good, can retreive and send emails using WiFi connection.

Good luck...if it works I have saved you a few hours.
    10-21-09 07:20 AM
    Oh man, thanks so much.. I was looking for the answer for HOURS now..
    11-26-09 07:23 AM
    Thank you! also was searching forever to find the answer. lol, so simple
    04-21-13 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD