whenever i try to connect to my wifi network at home

it says:

failed to connect to the network
    or
    failed to associate with the network (or something like that)

even though everything is inputted correctly. do i have to update my bb or something?
    07-30-08 09:39 PM
    ive tried both having a security key on my network as well as not having one
    07-30-08 09:40 PM
    ive tried both having a security key on my network as well as not having one
    It's kind of hard to connect to the internet with a phone that does not have Wifi. Your phone does not support wireless. Are you sure the phone you have is what you put as in your sig?
    07-30-08 09:44 PM
    i definitely have the 8120. i had the 8100 , returned it, never updated my prof
    07-30-08 09:48 PM
    i definitely have the 8120. i had the 8100 , returned it, never updated my prof
    Oh sorry lol. Try going closer the router. What type of security are you using... wep...?
    07-30-08 09:54 PM
    Yes, i am next door. I have tried being right next to it.

Security.. I've tried WEP, entered the correct key.. no luck.

I also then tried removing security altogether, still didnt work.

I just opened the package and this was the first thing I tried to do (use wifi)
    07-30-08 09:56 PM
    Yes, i am next door. I have tried being right next to it.

Security.. I've tried WEP, entered the correct key.. no luck.

I also then tried removing security altogether, still didnt work.

I just opened the package and this was the first thing I tried to do (use wifi)
    Call up your provider and troubleshoot with them. Best way to fix this issue.
    07-30-08 10:00 PM
    Please check out the link in my profile for the WiFi Guide

This tutorial I wrote is a complete WiFi guide and should be able to fix your problems...
    07-30-08 10:11 PM
    hey! i actually did check it out soon after posting this thread

i still cant get it working

i powered off router, powered off bb... turned on router, turned on BB... still has the same problem.

gives me the msg: failed to associate with the network
    07-30-08 11:09 PM
    im trying other networks, but getting similar msgs...

im starting to think its my device?!
    07-31-08 07:23 AM
    I'm having the same prob. I've read every post and did all the search on the 8120 and wifi. I am with ATT/Cingular. Yes, followed that guide.....

someone tell us how to get this working. and, oh, i am connected, but its a yellow circle with a minus sign. so i still cant get the browser to load. and i have also turned off data in the manage option.

someone help us
    08-29-08 01:11 AM
    I'm having the same prob. I've read every post and did all the search on the 8120 and wifi. I am with ATT/Cingular. Yes, followed that guide.....

someone tell us how to get this working. and, oh, i am connected, but its a yellow circle with a minus sign. so i still cant get the browser to load. and i have also turned off data in the manage option.

someone help us
    I have similar problems with an 8320 on Vodafone in the UK. I'm trying to connect with a Belkin wireless Pre-N router which connected to a SmartAX ADSL modem to the Talk Talk isp. I'm using WPA encryption and have changed the encryption method from the default, TKIN (I think), to AES which I know is supported on the device. I've tried disabling encryption and I've added the device mac address to the router allow list.

For all variations I get the same "failed to associate with the network" even though the device definitely finds the SSID and I can add a profile for the netork.

Some pointers would be very welcome

Thanks
    08-31-08 05:06 AM
    I am having the same problem trying to connect to orange broadband. I connected to a university network with no problems but it had no security.

When I search for networks it says WPA. The livebox has a WEP key so I tried setting it up manually but with no success - with or without space in the the WEP key. I had made sure the box was in pairing mode when I did it.

On the back of the livebox it also has a MAC number but I have never encountered one of them.

What does anyone recommend.
    09-08-08 07:52 AM
    I have the same issue ... w/ an 8120 (therfore not device related, unless it is OS) and according to my searches (Google, MSN Live, Crackberry, Blackberry.net) others have too ... It seems to be a router issue more than anything else since my router model has come up occassionallly ... Gigaset SE587 ... Please Please Please ... someone at RIM look into this and help us get connected ...
    [email protected]
    11-09-08 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD