Ok...bear w/ me, first blackberry

I am using the BB Dimension Today theme. I've got one sms text notification on the main screen that just will not go away. I've deleted the msg several times, turned the phone off and back on, I've deleted all prior and still that damn notification is still on the main screen. If I click the msg from the main screen, I can read it, it's still there. But if I go to msg's it's not actually showing in my inbox. WTH is the deal...anyone know what to do?
    06-15-08 09:45 PM
    Did you do a battery pull while the phone was still on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 09:48 PM
    No...I've not removed the battery....should I?
    06-15-08 09:49 PM
    There's a sticky that may apply to this. I think it's in the 8830 forum. Title is something about can't delete emails. Look in the 8830 forum and see if that helps.

06-15-08 09:49 PM
    Yes. Try a battery pull. Its the universal cure all.

06-15-08 09:50 PM
    Yes. Try a battery pull. Its the universal cure all.

Ok....should i have the phone on or off? I thought it should be off before I remove the battery
    06-15-08 10:07 PM
    Remove the battery with the phone on. Leave it out about a minute. Put it back.

06-15-08 10:11 PM
    There's a sticky that may apply to this. I think it's in the 8830 forum. Title is something about can't delete emails. Look in the 8830 forum and see if that helps.

thanks...I'll take a look
    06-15-08 10:12 PM
    battery pull worked...thanks for your help
    06-15-08 10:34 PM
    Great! Glad to hear it.

06-15-08 10:35 PM
    Ok...this KEEPS doing this to me....I've had it done 5 times now (which means 5 damn battery pulls) since I got the phone yesterday. Does anyone know why it's doing this and how to fix it permanently....do I need to upgrade something? The people I bought the phone from are useless.
    06-16-08 03:46 PM
    Who is it you purchased the phone from? Did you purchase it directly from Bell Canada?
    06-16-08 04:53 PM
    Who is it you purchased the phone from? Did you purchase it directly from Bell Canada?
    Yes...brand new phone from a bell mobility store.

I've noticed when it actually does this. If the phone is off and I get a text, when I click something to turn the phone on...it goes automatically to the msg...and that's when it freezes on that screen. If the phone is already on (the backlight) and I can see the applications already...and I manually click on the msg to read it, as opposed to it coming up automatically, then it doesn't get stuck on that main screen
    06-17-08 06:41 AM
    Check your BB messenger. Maybe someone is sending messages to you there. Those messages also show up as a notification.
    06-17-08 07:50 AM
    Check your BB messenger. Maybe someone is sending messages to you there. Those messages also show up as a notification.
    That's not really the issue though. This issue is not that I can't find a msg....it's that the notification for a msg never leaves the main screen, despite having read *and* deleted the msg.
    06-17-08 08:00 AM
    You may want to try deleting and then resending your service books. I had a similar problem and this solved it.
    06-17-08 01:11 PM
    You may want to try deleting and then resending your service books. I had a similar problem and this solved it.
    Ok...I don't know what that is...but I'll look into it lol...thanks
    06-17-08 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD