I am not able to send or receive sms messages! Everytime i try it says (SMS error 97, message id 147) service denied with a red X! I've had this phone (BB pearl 8130)for a while but every since our service changed from alltel to verizon it wont let me send or receive. I am able to get on the internet and do some other stuff but that is it. I have a memory card, tried to reboot, and even turned off the signal all together and then turned it back on but still not able to. I've contacted my CS but they cant tell me anything either, does anyone else have this problem. My husbands phone does the same thing but his phone is a BB curve 8330.
    08-06-09 09:37 PM
    You need to talk to someone else at Verizon. Get tech support, it has to do with the wireless phone service, not the data.
    08-06-09 09:52 PM
    i had the same problem i was told by tech services to dial *82 and then whne prompted hit number 1 to activate services or 2 to update your roaming capabilities. if you still get the same message when sending a SMS call your carrier and they will diagnose the problem but use a landline phone as they will ask you to do a battery pull on your cell and walk you through every step to getting it repaired take about 15 minutes if there is a big problem but they get it fixed. Happened to me 3 times. Also if you have a memory card and they ask you if they can wipe your phone and put everything back in save your contacts and pull the card that way they dont wipe your memory card. Hope this helped.
    08-08-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD