Please help! When I go to my browser I get this error: A problem occurred while trying to render the page. I don't know what I did or if I changed any settings but it was working a few days ago.
    08-12-08 01:51 PM
    If you get this message every time you try to use your browser, it's likely because
    1) the last page your tried to view failed for some reason and left a corrupted page in your browser cache AND
    2) you have your browser start page set to "Last Page Loaded."

If this is the case, simply clear your cache (Browser / Options / Cache Operations) and clear the content cache.

You can prevent this happening in the future by setting your browser start page to "Bookmarks Page."
    08-13-08 07:31 PM
    Thanks alot! I did get it to work...I don't know how I did it but it was probably that. At least now I know that's what I did for the next time
    08-13-08 09:48 PM
    If you get this message every time you try to use your browser, it's likely because
    1) the last page your tried to view failed for some reason and left a corrupted page in your browser cache AND
    2) you have your browser start page set to "Last Page Loaded."

If this is the case, simply clear your cache (Browser / Options / Cache Operations) and clear the content cache.

You can prevent this happening in the future by setting your browser start page to "Bookmarks Page."
    I have recieved this messaeg 4 times now. Last time was after cleaning my cache. I have my browser start page to "Bookmarks Page." what gives.
    08-16-08 02:31 AM
    I have recieved this messaeg 4 times now. Last time was after cleaning my cache. I have my browser start page to "Bookmarks Page." what gives.
    Have you viewed the page before, and it's just now having a problem? Can you view other pages? Can you get to Google?

Are you using the BlackBerry Browser, and do you have it set to emulate BlackBerry?

Sorry to be answering your question with more questions, but without more info, I don't know what the problem is.
    08-16-08 07:10 AM
    Once I receive the message I can not view any site. It just gives me the error again if I go to any other site. Yes I am using the BB browser, yes its set to emulate BB.
    08-17-08 12:48 AM
    Does a Soft Reset clear the problem? If you don't have the Soft Reset app, you can download it here: geek and proud - BlackBerry Software

If a Soft Reset doesn't clear the problem, you can perform a battery pull. Take out the battery with the phone on. Leave it out for about 30 seconds. Put it back. Among other things, that will force a rebuild of the indexes and reload the operating system into contiguous memory and may fix the problem.

There is a slight risk of corrupting your OS, resulting in your having to wipe/reload your device. Be sure to make a backup before you pull the battery. You should only pull the battery if the phone is locked up, or you can't soft reset, or soft reset doesn't solve the problem.
    08-17-08 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD