For install instruction to load any carrier 8130 OS on your BB:
    1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (dont need to if your on AllTel)
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploade.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I tried this, after I get to the screen that gives me 3 options to change the os, one is to downgrade to my older version, one is to stay at my current version and the last is to install the new version that I want. I set the check mark next to the version I want, and click next, it says no update available on the next screen... how to I get this update to work?

Any advice is apprecaited!!!
    09-18-09 11:27 AM
    disconnect from the internet, when using DM anytime you download a new os that is not Carrier specific to yoru Device the New DM will give you an option for a preffered OS which is their because it's loaded from the Internet update.

Just disable your internet then run dm and choose the os you would like to install.

If you don't want to go that route just Locate LOADER in the apploader folder and update that way
    09-18-09 12:48 PM
    thank you sir!
    09-18-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD