for free? I have internet of course on my phone but would love to be able to use it on my laptops screen size, when in the car. Anyone know how to do this?
    03-08-09 08:06 PM
    You need Bluetooth on your laptop. Then you can just pair and select tether.

I did this on my macbook and it was very simple, yet I don't know how easy it would be to do it on a pc.

Just a side question, does anyone know if tethering uses a lot more data?

Thanks and sorry to hijack the thread!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 08:43 PM
    I am only asking because Alltel told me I can do it thru them but it is 35.00 a month.

So how do i get bluetooth on my laptop? I just want to surf the web while in the car on a road trip but dont want to have to use my small phone screen. Plus my dd would like to play webkinz and disney channel games on the laptop both of which she cant do on the phone, it wont allow those 2 sites on the phone for some reason.
    03-08-09 08:59 PM
    I used to do it on Alltel for free. For about a month.
    03-08-09 09:11 PM
    You don't necessarily need bluetooth. I used to tether my Pearl to my laptop using the supplied USB cable. Do a search in the How-To forums and the tethering process will be explained fully. This is a popular topic and has been discussed at length. Good luck.
    03-08-09 11:41 PM
    There's a program that's being nets tested called tetherberry. If you go to 3rd party aaps, it should be on the first page. Good lil program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD