A few months back I switched from a PPC 6700 running Windows Mobile to a BB Pearl. Overall, I like the pearl better and most of the things the Windows Mobile phone did that the pearl doesn't I've learned to live without (quite of few can be seen on my blog). I think the thing I miss the most is that the Windows Mobile phone would be that it synced my photos automatically from the Exchange Server when it synced my address book. This allowed me to use an app called Fonebook to automatically sync pictures of my contacts from Facebook to Outlook and then to my phone. So by running that application every so often, I was able to have caller ID photos on my phone with minimal work (eg, I didn't have to go to each person individually and take a picture with my phone and assign it to be the caller ID photo manually).

FWIW, I miss the threaded "chat like" SMS function just about as much. And a close third would be the fact that if I read a message on my desktop using Outlook it was automatically marked as read on my phone.
    10-08-08 10:30 AM
    I can't help you with your first two issues. For the third, go to Messages / Options / Email Reconciliation / Wireless Reconcile: On.

If you open emails in Outlook, they should change to open on the Pearl. If you delete them in Outlook, they should be deleted on the Pearl. If you copy them to another folder on the desktop, you will have to delete them manually on the Pearl.
    10-08-08 09:10 PM
    I can't help you with your first two issues. For the third, go to Messages / Options / Email Reconciliation / Wireless Reconcile: On.

If you open emails in Outlook, they should change to open on the Pearl. If you delete them in Outlook, they should be deleted on the Pearl. If you copy them to another folder on the desktop, you will have to delete them manually on the Pearl.
    I just went to do that, and it's already set that way. Is it possible there's a setting on the BES that's preventing it from working?

10-09-08 07:53 AM
    I just went to do that, and it's already set that way. Is it possible there's a setting on the BES that's preventing it from working?...
    Yes, but I'm not a BES admin, so I can't tell you what to do. There are several BES admins in the forum, however. Hopefully one of them will see your post. Even if one does, however, you'll still have to call your IT dept to get any changes made. If you don't hear from someone here, go ahead and call your IT dept and tell them the problem. They may be able to solve it just by your description of the symptoms.
    10-09-08 09:19 PM
    Yes, but I'm not a BES admin, so I can't tell you what to do. There are several BES admins in the forum, however. Hopefully one of them will see your post. Even if one does, however, you'll still have to call your IT dept to get any changes made. If you don't hear from someone here, go ahead and call your IT dept and tell them the problem. They may be able to solve it just by your description of the symptoms.
    I am my IT Dept ... though I'm not the primary BES admin. Perhaps I should just repost this particular question as its own thread because the subject of this particular thread is about syncing contact photos.
    10-10-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD