Is anyone able to use call waiting with the jawbone and their Pearl 8130 using the headset??

Thanks,
    Laurie
    04-21-08 01:33 PM
    Anyone using jawbone able to do this??

Thanks!!
    04-21-08 03:17 PM
    the headset is irrelevant actually. if you're using a bluetooth headset and need to use call waiting you can't switch between the calls using the button on the headset, well you can but the person you were originally talking to will be hung up on.

I believe you can use the call waiting feature if you push the talk button on the phone but I could be wrong on that.

I do know the bluetooth and call waiting are not going to work via the headset button.

Edit: As a PS cuz I have a feeling there might be a BT device that might actually work with call-waiting I'll say I just don't know of any.
    Last edited by atlas9171; 04-21-08 at 03:39 PM.
    04-21-08 03:23 PM
    the headset is irrelevant actually. if you're using a bluetooth headset and need to use call waiting you can't switch between the calls using the button on the headset, well you can but the person you were originally talking to will be hung up on.

I believe you can use the call waiting feature if you push the talk button on the phone but I could be wrong on that.

I do know the bluetooth and call waiting are not going to work via the headset button.

Edit: As a PS cuz I have a feeling there might be a BT device that might actually work with call-waiting I'll say I just don't know of any.
    Well I know that the Motorola H700 and 710 both have call waiting but I got rid of my H700 cause it was uncomfortable and I just bought the Jawbone and the sales girl told me it had call waiting but I can't find in the manual where it does so I thought I would ask here where someone using the Jawbone might know how or if it does support it.

Thanks!!
    Laurie
    04-21-08 06:43 PM
    Did a little looking into this on the jawbone site, in their faq's there is something about it can but they don't support it, so to give you the short answer they can but they don't have this feature.

I have a feeling this is more of a bb issue but I could be wrong. I know the plantronics 520 doesn't support it because that's what I'm using now.
    04-21-08 07:15 PM
    I have a Jawbone and I am almost sure the instructions said the headset does not support call waiting...it just hangs up the original caller and answers the new one. My MOTO headsets did support it and it is just another one of my pet peeves about the Jawbone - there is no reason why it should not support call waiting; if you want to be a techno headset, you don't leave out call waiting. My other peeves are the recharger itself (awkward plug), no car charger available, and the fact that I had to purchase Mini soft gels and alter the ear piece to get it to fit properly. Ok, I am done preaching...sound is great on it.
    04-22-08 07:51 AM
    I have a Jawbone and I am almost sure the instructions said the headset does not support call waiting...it just hangs up the original caller and answers the new one. My MOTO headsets did support it and it is just another one of my pet peeves about the Jawbone - there is no reason why it should not support call waiting; if you want to be a techno headset, you don't leave out call waiting. My other peeves are the recharger itself (awkward plug), no car charger available, and the fact that I had to purchase Mini soft gels and alter the ear piece to get it to fit properly. Ok, I am done preaching...sound is great on it.
    Totally agree!! I am not sure why these companies won't support something as simple as call waiting. I am really mad because the sales girl told me it would now I have this home, unpacked, charged, only to find out that it doesn't. Guess I'll have to try the H710 again
    04-22-08 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD