Hi.

I have been using a Verizon Pearl 8130 for about two weeks now. I love the size but I am getting used the BB OS still. One major drawback that I am trying to figure out if I can live with is the call log or lack of.

My Treo 700p keeps a call log pretty much forever where the Pearl seems only to keep a few numbers. Anybody got any suggestions for me for work arounds or 3rd party call logs that will store an indefinite call log.

Any help would be appreciated.
    04-19-08 08:48 AM
    check out your memory, then search the forums for how to clean up your memory
    04-19-08 08:49 AM
    04-19-08 08:52 AM
    Low memory cripples this phone, and with low mem you lose your call logs. So you have to do everything you can to free up some memory by using the aforementioned links. Or get a different phone, which is what I'm considering
    04-19-08 12:47 PM
    If you are looking for call log history, you can go to your messages folder, press menu, view folder, then select Phone Call Logs. This will display a history where as just press the call button brings up a recent list of calls.
    04-19-08 12:52 PM
    As sunkast said, you can see your call log that way. You can also go into the call logging options and make them show up in your message window with all your other messages. Phone screen, options, call logging

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 12:58 PM
    That happened to me when I first got my 8130, but I cleaned out all the crap on the phone that I didn't want and I do a soft reset at least once a week to keep my memory up (there's a memory leak issue, either with the OS or the 8130, can't remember which). I've not had the call log flush any calls since then. As a former treo user, I can tell you the call log on the 8130 is as good as the treo when you keep your memory up.
    04-19-08 05:10 PM
    I have cleaned up my 8130 and it is logging like i'd expect. Moved the photo's to the card was the main thing.
    05-01-08 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD