Hey,

Does anyone know where I can get calendar software for a 8130 besides the one that comes with the phone?
    01-19-09 05:32 AM
    You could try PocketDay but it only lasted 30 minutes on my phone before I deleted it. Try to stick with the BlackBerry Calendar. With use, you will find that it does quite a lot.

The reason that there are not many alternatives, the Calender on the phone is, actually quite good. Good enough, in fact to scare away the competition.
    01-19-09 05:35 AM
    Weelllllllllll, I don't know about that. The Blackberry is an amazing phone. However for all the things you can do with it (They just created an app that turns your BB into a level!!!) the calendar is a little bland.
    I came from Palm. The ability to categorize and add colors to the month view is HUGE for anyone with a busy schedule wanting to get a picture of what their schedule will look like without having to go to each individual day. The sad thing is that even the 3rd party apps don't have that. You still have to go to each day in order to see what's happening.
    I like the quick entry capability. I like the week view. However you still have to go to each day to know what's happening.
    I believe this one addition would win over more market share. It is true what they say about these things being "crack"berries.
    01-19-09 06:51 AM
    If you're looking for an easy to add, edit, update your calendar, try Google calendar and sync it with your phone. It's pretty neat and you can do a lot of editing from any computer that is connect to the net.
    01-19-09 07:13 AM
    I used Pocket Informant when I had a Treo. They have a Blabkberry version. So does Agendus, but both seem pretty poor. I've gone back to the BB calendar.

claire
    01-19-09 07:58 AM
    Has anyone had trouble with Google locking thier account? I tried to set up my wife's storm, my Pearl, and my Outlook calender (I have the "please check your connection to the internet and try again" trouble when trying to use BB Desktop sync) all to Google. It worked great the first time, even synched all our contacts, which I was not expecting. I must have synched too many times that night, because my Google account has now been suspended. Google's support/customer service has not impressed me one bit either. 4 days, 4 reports, and not a word from them. Hope they get their act together. thanks for the info on the forum, it is a good one!
    Dig
    01-19-09 08:30 AM
    nah, I just set my sync to automatic and it does it in the background every 2 hours all on it's own which is nice because I all I do is just add or delete crap from my calendar.

I did not sync my contacts.
    01-19-09 09:21 AM
    I am still new to the whole thing. I keep getting the message...
    Your computer must be connected to the Internet in order to initially configure synchronization settings. Please ensure that you are able to connect to the Internet and try again.
    I know I am not alone, but I still cant sync a calender.
    Google locked me up, and they are horrible to try to deal with, I have been 5 days, and not a reply other than a survey, which I sent back, but doubt anyone sees it.
    I then published a calender to Office online, but the BB cannot get that since it is not a Windows system.
    If BB would provide a fix for the desktop problem, I think I would be one very happy dolt instead of pulling my hair out..
    01-19-09 10:14 AM
    Hey invisionz,
    I see you are with Sprint too, I tried to find out anything from them, they tried, but didnt really come through with anything. Any thoughts on the synching?
    01-19-09 10:21 AM
    I don't know why google would have locked up your account unless you were the victim of some malicous email code, program, virus or whatever. But I don't think Sprint would be able to help.

For what its worth this is how I handled my contacts and calendar

Yeah, I initially used the BB Desktop program to get my contacts in my BB from Outlook. I only use Outlook to manage my contacts and I will only sync one way at a time, never allowing the phone and Outlook to merge my contacts.

I downloaded Google sync, you must have a Gmail account. Login to google and go to your calendar and you will have register or otherwise pair your phone to be shared with your calendar. Google will text you the code to do this and then you enter it into google and set your settings, you should be good to go from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by invisionz; 01-19-09 at 12:14 PM.
    01-19-09 12:09 PM
    I still havent heard from Google about my account, but I set one up with my wife's email, and got my outlook, both BBs, and a google calender up and running for now. It would be so much simpler if RIM could fix the whole desktop problem, the sprint techs didnt know much about it, and this forum didnt come up with much either. I agree with not synching the contacts, but I got away with no gmail. I have had my email for years, and hate to change it.
    Thanks for the info, if you hear anything about the whole "not connected to the internet" problem, please PM me.
    Dig
    01-19-09 05:16 PM
    I can't imagine not just using the native calendar on the BB. It is not 'pretty' but it is the most functional calendar I have seen on a mobile device. To me, the calendar is one of the big perks with a BB. Just my opinion!
    01-19-09 08:50 PM
    I don't know if the calendar is the same on all/most bb but mine only shows appts from 9-5. Is there a way to change the range of time you can schedule things?
    01-20-09 05:32 AM
    I don't know if the calendar is the same on all/most bb but mine only shows appts from 9-5. Is there a way to change the range of time you can schedule things?
    Hey chele

When in your calendar hit menu/options/general options then you can change where your day starts and finishes in the 'formatting' section.

Hope that helps
    01-20-09 06:48 AM
    Thank you!

Hey chele

When in your calendar hit menu/options/general options then you can change where your day starts and finishes in the 'formatting' section.

Hope that helps
    01-20-09 07:02 AM
    No probs. Welcome to CB!
    01-20-09 07:06 AM
    Weelllllllllll, I don't know about that. The Blackberry is an amazing phone. However for all the things you can do with it (They just created an app that turns your BB into a level!!!) the calendar is a little bland.
    I came from Palm. The ability to categorize and add colors to the month view is HUGE for anyone with a busy schedule wanting to get a picture of what their schedule will look like without having to go to each individual day. The sad thing is that even the 3rd party apps don't have that. You still have to go to each day in order to see what's happening.
    I like the quick entry capability. I like the week view. However you still have to go to each day to know what's happening.
    I believe this one addition would win over more market share. It is true what they say about these things being "crack"berries.
    Who are you kidding?!!!! The PALM had capability to have colors for various tasks, calendar topics, etc. Not to mention to cut your contact list by category and leave it on that list. Am I missing something on the BB? I only see one color that you can have on the calendar!
    01-20-09 06:36 PM
    Who are you kidding?!!!! The PALM had capability to have colors for various tasks, calendar topics, etc. Not to mention to cut your contact list by category and leave it on that list. Am I missing something on the BB? I only see one color that you can have on the calendar!
    If they have never had a Palm device then they cannot possibly understand. Quite frankly, Palm has Calender, contacts, & Task list down better than RIM does by a country mile. There are several features in the Calender alone that I cannot believe RIM has not implemented yet. Palm had this right 5 years ago, what is taking RIM so long. I went from a Centro to a Curve and I have to tell you, I miss the PIM functionality of the Palm and the TRULY threaded SMS (think BB messenger with everyone only its SMS) alot.
    01-25-09 08:02 PM
    i just want to know why it dont look like a regular calendar...every phone i have owned before this one had a calendar that looked like a calendar
    01-25-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD