I am a Pearl 8130 Sprint on a BES, recently migrated from an 8703e. On the new device many of my calendar entries are being duplicated on my 8130, but not in Lotus Notes. We are wireless synchronized on our calendars, so I can't understand why this is happening on my device. Is it a setting I'm missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 08:18 AM
    I've had this issue when I've used the switch device wizard to setup my new device. I also had duplicate emails. In the end a wipe and reactivation on my BES was what got me "cleaned up".

If someone has another solution I'd love to hear it!

I am a Pearl 8130 Sprint on a BES, recently migrated from an 8703e. On the new device many of my calendar entries are being duplicated on my 8130, but not in Lotus Notes. We are wireless synchronized on our calendars, so I can't understand why this is happening on my device. Is it a setting I'm missing?

03-17-08 08:31 AM
    I had the same problem when I added another calendar to my 8130, the wipe fixed it and everything then synced properly.
    03-17-08 09:39 AM
    Thanks for the input. I did the wipe and it worked fine. A slightly inconvenient solution, but effective nonetheless.

03-21-08 02:23 PM
    I had double calendar entries and talked to a vzw rep. They had me go to Desktop Manager while my phone (8130) was synced. Under <backup/restore>, then under <advanced>, on the right is a list of things on your phone. I found a duplicate calendar listing. I just highlighted one of the listings and then cleared it and resynced and it worked.
    04-01-08 01:22 PM
    Today I began having duplicate calendar entries in my device, so I did a search and found this thread. I was about to do a wipe and go through the pains of all that when I thought, "Hmmm.... maybe I will pull the battery and do a reset." I am so glad I thought of that! It fixed the whole problem and I am back to single entries!

Two things... first, I am so grateful for the search feature on this web site that brought me a lot of options! Second, thank heaven for the easy first resort... battery pull!! I seem to always find the answers here on Crackberry. Yup, this site is the best of the best, and these BBs are awesome! Am I addicted? Yup... and proud of it!
    04-30-08 02:11 PM
    I erased the calendar through Backup/Advanced, but when I synch a second time I have the same issues. Any solution?
    05-13-08 04:08 PM
    i've cleared the calendar in the backup/advanced as well, but it seems like whenever i make a calendar change on the pearl, it starts duplicating again the next time i sync.

in the backup i see three different calendars...i've cleared them all. should there be that many?
    05-19-08 05:03 PM
    I backed up then cleared all my calendars in backup/advanced as mentioned earlier in this thread, then I checked that my outlook calendar on my laptop only had one set of entries. Finally I did a sync and made sure it only copied my calendar entries from outlook on my laptop to the blackberry. Every thing seems fine at this point.
    06-18-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD