Newbie here. Be nice. I have searched the forums for the answer to this question, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

My calendar seems to automatically assign an alarm with each entry I make. For example, I have synced my 8130 with Outlook and every event on the pearl shows up with an alarm icon next to it. I don't want ANY of my events to alarm. I have looked through all of the calendar options and have also searched in the set-up options but can't find a way to turn off ALL calendar alarms. I know I can go in and take them off individually, but jeeeze! That would take forever.

Any help?
    03-26-08 08:14 PM
    Go to your calendar. Press menu and choose options. Change the setting for Default Reminder to None.
    03-26-08 08:25 PM
    Thanks. I already did that, but the alarm icon remains on the events. Maybe it will not sound an alarm when the time comes and the icon stays since I input the event before I changed the setting. Thanks so much for the response.
    03-26-08 11:07 PM
    Yeah you would need to go back to the event and turn off the alarm.
    03-26-08 11:37 PM
    Cool. I figured that was probably the case. Thanks again for your help.
    03-27-08 08:39 AM
    I have the opposite problem. I have my appointments set up in Outlook to have an alarm yet when they move to my BB they don't have the mark on reminder. I verified my settings and the field mapping is ok. For some reason this is specially true for recurring yearly tasks (birthday reminders)
    04-07-08 02:23 PM
    Hmmmm... maybe you need to change the setting in the phone, then re-sync with Outlook?

FYI... thank you guys for the help. You solved my problem!
    04-09-08 09:12 AM
    angeles - are you still having this issue? Ping me if so as I found thie issue.
    05-20-08 02:57 PM
    angeles - are you still having this issue? Ping me if so as I found thie issue.
    Newbie here and having the same issue as Angeles. My outlook birthdays all have reminder alarms set to them, but after syncing, my BB does not show an alarm. Any idea how to fix this???

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Crackberry has been a life saver so far!!!
    06-04-08 07:57 PM
    This is actually my first post and I am having a problem also with Birthdays. I only got my BB a couple weeks ago, but I excitedly put some birthdays in knowing that I am notorious for remembering a birthday a week before or 2 days after. Well, my friends b-day cam e and went (I think I told her Happy BDay like a week before) and true to form I remembered about it 2 days later. My phone never gave me a reminder, it's set to do so...I just checked. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Help the next b-day is July 11th!!!!
    06-05-08 11:58 AM
    There is an option when you do a sync to Outlook that I changed for the alarming to work. I don't recall off the top what it was but will respond back when I get home later today.
    06-05-08 12:07 PM
    There is an option when you do a sync to Outlook that I changed for the alarming to work. I don't recall off the top what it was but will respond back when I get home later today.
    Thanks Urbanite! It's been making me crazy trying to figure it out! Please let me know!

06-06-08 09:42 PM
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - my 6 month old keeps me busy. Ok, here's what I did to get it working correctly -

First, set up Blackberry Desktop Manager not to automatically sync when you connect it and then plug it in. Next, click on the Configuration tab and then click on Configure Sync. Next, highlight the Calendar application and click on Setup. Choose which program you want to sync with (Outlook in this case) on the next screen then click next. Important - make sure at this time that all of the correct entries with alarms are in your Outlook calendar. Choose one way sync to device from Outlook at the next screen and click next. Now, under Alarm Settings uncheck the Remove Alarm For Past Items box (this is what fixes the issue). Click Next and Finish and do a sync.

Why this works - recurring calendar entries are "past items" and removing the alarm for them apparently removes the alarm from the future instances as well.

Hope this helps!
    06-09-08 12:01 AM
    BTW - after completing this and your Calendar alarms are working properly you can go back to your normal sync settings with the exception of checking the Remove Alarm For Past Items box.
    06-09-08 12:07 AM
    Thanks, that solved it
    06-09-08 01:29 PM
    Thanks so much! That fixed it!
    06-09-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD