I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8130 with Verizon. I bought it brand new last April or May and have had all your typical problems (with both the BB and Verizon BB...) so I'm far from new from dealing with typical issues.

Anyhow, about a week or two ago I saw that Myspace had made a mobile download for BBs! So being the college kid in need of constant social updates, I downloaded it. It didn't appear anywhere on my phone, though it said it had successfully installed. So I thought maybe I misread the little popup and checked the Apps directory. Not there, I must have misread, so I redownloaded. Then I got a notice saying that it had already been downloaded, asking if I wanted to replace it, I said yes.

Again, same problem. No big deal, MySpace just isn't meant for my phone, no huge loss. So I go on to my browser trying to see if maybe it was somethign specific to typing in myspace.com. Well, rather than going anywhere I get a warning saying "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries." So, I do a battery pull, see if maybe it's just some weird bug that will work out on it's own...

Nope.
    It's been two weeks now and this still happens. I have the unlimited plan and have ALWAYS had the internet and never had this problem. I can still access the internet, but I have to go to facebook.com first (I do not understand why, as I have a few other pages bookmarked as well) and go from there to use ANY other pages on my phone. My google app no longer works, it gives me the same error, but I can go to facebook.com, let it load then select "go to" and go to google.com to search (and this is how I must access any other pages)

Now, I have tried a lot of things to get this to work.

I've done the registering from HRT, obviously resets and I'm at a loss for what else to do since I've done a bit of googlin' and all I've seen are people who have problems with possibly preowned phones.

Help (as soon as possible!) would be greatly appreciated!
    11-25-08 08:35 AM
    I found this link which may help you. Good luck and let me know if this works. http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...roblems-98315/
    11-25-08 09:05 AM
    Tried absolutely everything suggested in that thread, no dice.
    11-26-08 06:01 PM
    Have you resent your service books? Just throwing it out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 08:06 PM
    Have you resent your service books? Just throwing it out there.
    thats the ticket. works every time when people call in about it at work. If you have the facebook app remove it and re add it to the device as well its been corrupting email and browser service books lately.

about the myspace mobile thing, it doesn't show up for me either, although the app is listed in my apps directory. Are you running OS 4.3 or 4.5?
    Last edited by Mikey.P; 11-27-08 at 06:53 AM.
    11-27-08 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD