OK, I have a VZW 8130 and just performed the firmware upgrade to US Cellular 4.3.0.97. Everything went fine, except my browser is gone. I have tried resending the service books and also have tried the registering through the Host Routing Table and still have nothing. I am able to sent/receive e-mails just fine.

I can get to the browser through Switch Applications, but as soon as I launch it, I get "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries."

Does anyone have any ideas? Could this somehow be related to the Blackberry outage this evening? Did I maybe just choose the wrong time to update firmware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-11-08 10:36 PM
    this just happened to me with the alltell update. im to tired to mess with it now so im asking for help also. heh
    02-11-08 10:38 PM
    Try a battery pull. This could also be related to the data outage.
    02-11-08 10:40 PM
    Try a battery pull. This could also be related to the data outage.
    I should have mentioned that I already pulled the battery -- twice in fact -- and that it did not make a difference.
    02-11-08 10:42 PM
    I have the same problem but I just purchased my phone from Verizon tonight. I traded my 8830WE for this one and I was messing around with it and realized that my browser is gone and also my maps!!
    02-11-08 10:43 PM
    I have the same problem but I just purchased my phone from Verizon tonight. I traded my 8830WE for this one and I was messing around with it and realized that my browser is gone and also my maps!!
    I still have the maps icon. However, when I launch the app, I get "Your device is not configured for BIS or BES access."

Funny, but wouldn't I have to have BIS configured to be getting e-mail?
    02-11-08 10:46 PM
    Yes you need an email or data plan.
    02-11-08 10:54 PM
    I have the unlimited data plan.
    02-11-08 10:56 PM
    Yes you need an email or data plan.
    I have the unlimited data plan and everything (browser, maps, Gmail app) worked fine until I performed the update this evening.
    02-11-08 10:56 PM
    It is weird that the icon itself is completely gone from my homescreen but still if I hold the alt key and hit the back key it brings up the browser but with error message.
    02-11-08 10:57 PM
    You have to update the service books. I'm not sure if its the same for all providers but for sprint. Go to options >networks>then menu>start provisioning. If that doesn't work contact your service providers and they can walk you through it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 10:59 PM
    It is weird that the icon itself is completely gone from my homescreen but still if I hold the alt key and hit the back key it brings up the browser but with error message.
    Did you update the firmware on yours as well this evening?
    02-11-08 11:00 PM
    I just switched from the 8830 World Edition tonight at about 7 oclock Eastern time and I checked my version and it is 4.3.0.60 (platform 3.1.0.32). I am assuming that the rep that sold it to me updated the firmware, or maybe not.
    Last edited by josun54; 02-11-08 at 11:09 PM. Reason: software is not the same as firmware
    02-11-08 11:07 PM
    Interesting issues.....my browser is gone too, I try to register the host routing table and it never confirms it is registered via message. I'm in extended serv area..........which verizon is telling me that is why it doesn't work. I 'll need to drive to 'home' area to reg the data portion with BB, that correct? No way to manually connect it?
    02-11-08 11:08 PM
    You all are make to much out of it, its a very simple problem to fix, if you at one time had a browser icon and now you don't, UPDATE YOUR SERVICE BOOKS

02-11-08 11:09 PM
    You all are make to much out of it, its a very simple problem to fix, if you at one time had a browser icon and now you don't, UPDATE YOUR SERVICE BOOKS

Perhaps you need to go back and read my first post again, because I clearly stated that I already did that.
    02-11-08 11:12 PM
    Interesting issues.....my browser is gone too, I try to register the host routing table and it never confirms it is registered via message. I'm in extended serv area..........which verizon is telling me that is why it doesn't work. I 'll need to drive to 'home' area to reg the data portion with BB, that correct? No way to manually connect it?
    When I register the host routing table, I do get the confirmation message, but it apparently doesn't make a difference, as I am still without a browser.
    02-11-08 11:14 PM
    Try resending the service books from the BIS web site, and a battery pull afterwards for good measure.
    02-11-08 11:34 PM
    Try resending the service books from the BIS web site, and a battery pull afterwards for good measure.
    Yep. I just tried that again -- third time now -- and still no browser.
    02-11-08 11:45 PM
    I just did the same thing. No luck, also, I just realized that I do not have any MMS capabilities.
    02-11-08 11:48 PM
    I just did the same thing. No luck, also, I just realized that I do not have any MMS capabilities.
    I do have MMS. I just tried a test and successfully sent an MMS with a picture.
    02-11-08 11:55 PM
    The only other tips I can throw out are either get the phone replaced or, wipe and reload the OS. Can't guarantee that they will work. Either you aren't doing something correctly, the phone is broke, or your carrier can't see their is a problem on their end with your account. Now that I think about it. It's probably a problem with your carrier missing something in your account.
    02-11-08 11:58 PM
    The only other tips I can throw out are either get the phone replaced or, wipe and reload the OS. Can't guarantee that they will work. Either you aren't doing something correctly, the phone is broke, or your carrier can't see their is a problem on their end with your account. Now that I think about it. It's probably a problem with your carrier missing something in your account.
    I think it has something to do with the massive BlackBerry outage. There is no way that things were working fine before I upgraded and now they aren't, especially considering that others are having the same difficulty.
    02-12-08 12:02 AM
    I cant call customer service this late so i guess I am just going to wait till morning. I dont need all of that stuff tonight but I am paying for it so I will make sure that I get it.
    02-12-08 12:02 AM
    I think it has something to do with the massive BlackBerry outage. There is no way that things were working fine before I upgraded and now they aren't, especially considering that others are having the same difficulty.
    Yeah that is probably what it is. Hope it is fixed soon.
    02-12-08 12:03 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD