So I can't find any mention of this and was wondering if anybody had similar issues...
    I have had to re-enable my bluetooth connection between my 8130 and bluetooth headset numerous times a day because the link between the two keeps getting disconnected (never while on a call) and it's driving me nuts!
    I've received 3 new 8130's and I've tried both a samsung wep 410 BT headset and a Motorola H12 BT headset and this issue persists.

I just spent over an hour on 3 way with verizon and Blackberry and while verizon says those headsets are supported by bberry...but bberry says they both aren't supported and they showed me a list of BT headsets the pearl supports and the list is useless!
    it's only about 10 sets and none of them are sold by verizon.

I'm so sad to say this because I love that Pearl but I think this issue is going to send me back to the world of Palm Treos unless someone on here has an answer!

please help me!
    03-26-08 10:25 PM
    I had connection problems with my JAbra and I contacted their customer service and they sent me instructions on what to do.
    For the Jabra, I did the following:
    Turn off earpeice.
    plug in to charger for 5 sec.
    remove device from Blackberry
    turn off Blackberry.
    remove battery and Simm card for 5 sec.
    replace battery, do not touch any settings.
    put earpeice into pairing mode and pair with Blackberry.
    after all of this mine worked fine.
    Scot
    03-27-08 07:45 AM
    I had to dance naked in the virgin light of the new moon while the IT know it all (witch doctor) chanted in a foreign language and cursed the Bluetooth gods and pleaded for the union to become whole!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 08:37 AM
    Just kidding. I couldn't resist (it was futile to resist). Have you tried letting the headset run out of power, then charge it up fully and retry to pair it to your BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 08:41 AM
    I've had problems a couple of times with my Motorola H670 headset and my Pearl 8130. In my case, the problem was that while I could hear the person I called just fine, they couldn't hear anything I said. And no, I wasn't muted. Sometimes it happened mid-call.

I haven't had it happen in a while, and I never diagnosed the cause. It did seem to happen more often when I dialed using the phone buttons rather than voice dial, and I've taken to using voice dial whenever I use the headset just because that way I'll be sure that my voice is at least making it from headset to phone.
    03-27-08 09:42 AM
    My Jabra BT150 works fine with my 8130. Have you done a battery pull and hopefully it reset anything funky going on with your Pearl.
    03-27-08 09:45 AM
    My H12 and H9 work just fine with my 8830. I haven't had too much luck with Samsung bluetooths. Or blueteeth.

What's the plural of bluetooth anyways?
    03-27-08 09:55 AM
    I don't think bluetooth technically has a plural. Bluetooth refers to the transfer method. If you want plural you would need to use the device type: i.e. bluetooth headsets/earbuds/or whatever they're called.

In all actually, referring to a bluetooth headset as simply a bluetooth is pretty common.
    03-27-08 12:53 PM
    I noticed this issue as well. Never disconnects during a call. It is whenever the bluetooth headset is off. The phone randomly disables the bluetooth receiver. Sometimes it goes a few days without disconnecting and sometimes mutliple times a day. I have tried resetting the phone. Upgraded to alltell's update. Bought a new headset, and no change. Currently using Jabra BT8040.

Hope someone comes up with a fix. Its frustrating to answer a call and think bluetooth is hooked up and its not.
    03-27-08 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD