last night my battery was low i didnt have my charger so i plugged it into the computer with a usb port. i turned it off so save the battery. now it wont turn back on. it shows the red light for a few sec. then it shows a battery with the chargering symbol. it does that about 5 times then it shows the timer glass going in circles for about 8 times. then it goes black and i have to unplug the usb port and keep doing this. when i unplug it and try to turn it on nothing happends. i tried taking the battery out and it still wont turn on
    02-18-08 09:05 AM
    last night my battery was low i didnt have my charger so i plugged it into the computer with a usb port. i turned it off so save the battery. now it wont turn back on. it shows the red light for a few sec. then it shows a battery with the chargering symbol. it does that about 5 times then it shows the timer glass going in circles for about 8 times. then it goes black and i have to unplug the usb port and keep doing this. when i unplug it and try to turn it on nothing happends. i tried taking the battery out and it still wont turn on
    Try using the wall charger. The power from a USB port might not have enough to bring the battery out of a completely dead state. This is a know issue with this type of battery. They are not like a regular old rechargeable.
    02-18-08 09:20 AM
    Yup, wall charger and leave it plugged in for a while - I have experienced the same
    02-18-08 11:17 AM

This is happening to me now I tried pulling out the battery, taking out the sim, plug in to the power charger, and still waiting....

My bb 8120 still wont power on...

help....
    07-15-08 09:43 AM
    Do as is suggested above. Use the wall charger and watch the battery symbol to make sure that the chagring icon apears.

Once you gave got it back up, look at Options, Status to see the percentage charge of the battery. My guess is that it will be close to zero.
    07-15-08 10:19 AM
    My friend had the exact same problem with his 8100. This is what I recommended (and it worked right away):

1. Unplug from charger. Take out battery and leave outside for 30 sec

2. Put battery back in, plug into a WALL CHARGER (like everyone else has suggested)

3. Allow to charge for at least 15 min without disturbing it

4. Your BB is resurrected!
    07-15-08 10:24 AM
    I believe Adberry's suggestion will work for you. Just have some patience and keep your calm. Remember that these wonderful phones are computers and they will tend to have hiccups every now and then.
    07-15-08 10:31 AM
    My friend had the exact same problem with his 8100. This is what I recommended (and it worked right away):

1. Unplug from charger. Take out battery and leave outside for 30 sec

2. Put battery back in, plug into a WALL CHARGER (like everyone else has suggested)

3. Allow to charge for at least 15 min without disturbing it

4. Your BB is resurrected!
    So I did #1/ #2 and now doing #3...its still doing the red blink/ dead screen/ then sand clock cycle still. will wait for 10 more minutes to see if I can go to #4....

07-15-08 10:46 AM
    If it doesn't work, try leaving battery out for 3 min. then continue with the rest of the process.

hope it all works for you.
    07-15-08 10:51 AM
    Hi again....did the process...removed the battery for a long while...charged the phone...whole night...when i woke up, it was still doing the deadly cycle.

my bb's dead ....well...its a zombie...and it wont snap out of that deadly trance
    07-15-08 07:10 PM
    Check out the newbie sections, there should be one there for recovering a dead berry. I know it has worked for many people on the forums. As well, did you add any new software or get it wet or anything ? Just asking because accidents happen.
    07-15-08 07:20 PM
    Check out the newbie sections, there should be one there for recovering a dead berry. I know it has worked for many people on the forums. As well, did you add any new software or get it wet or anything ? Just asking because accidents happen.
    Hi there! Nope - no water spills or falling bb's. My phone was low batt already...when i got home to plug it in, I noticed that the screen was dead already. So i assumed that it completely died. I just bought my phone 1 week ago and this would be the first time that my battery is completely drained. So...i plugged it in, and it started to do the cycle....
    07-15-08 07:24 PM
    You do NOT need to let the battery go down to almost 0% before recharging; the batteries used now in most electronic devices do not have a "memory".

Good luck on getting your BB out of the zombie trance!
    07-15-08 07:48 PM
    You do NOT need to let the battery go down to almost 0% before recharging; the batteries used now in most electronic devices do not have a "memory".

Good luck on getting your BB out of the zombie trance!
    Solution: New battery?
    07-15-08 07:50 PM
    You could take it back to your carrier and let them put a different batt. in it to check if that would fix it without having to purchase a new batt, just in case it's not a batt problem.
    07-16-08 12:51 AM
    You could take it back to your carrier and let them put a different batt. in it to check if that would fix it without having to purchase a new batt, just in case it's not a batt problem.
    Having my phone checked now....crossing my fingers....
    07-16-08 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD