I never had any problems with my BB and really dont want to trade it, but last couple of weeks with full battery life it drops my calls and shuts off, then when it comes on it drains the battery most of the time. Anyone have any suggestions that dont require trading it in for another? I will appreciate it.
    10-04-08 10:30 AM
    Maybe your battery has gone bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 12:51 PM
    What apps do you have installed? How much Free File do you have? Options > Status, what numbers do you see after File Free?
    10-04-08 12:58 PM
    What apps do you have installed? How much Free File do you have? Options > Status, what numbers do you see after File Free?
    Handango InHand, Circle Popper and i just did Vlingo but it was happening before that. I have 1725996 Byte free on my phone.
    10-05-08 12:36 AM
    Well you're good on memory... Which means it's either poor signal, an issue with the handset or an issue with your carrier. If the signal is could, you could attempt reloading the OS. If that doesn't work, see if you can get the handset exchanged.
    10-05-08 12:43 AM
    Sunkast - el's memory is low. He only has 1,725,996 not 17,259,96_

10-05-08 08:31 AM
    Wow I must have been more tired last night when I got home (saw Carrie Underwood) than I thought. Having less than 10,000,000 byes of free memory can certainly cause calls to fail.

If you don't have a media card, get one. Put all your media on it. And follow the guide below.

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory
    10-05-08 12:34 PM
    Lol - I was confused for just a bit. I hope you enjoyed my Oklahoma girl!

10-05-08 01:52 PM
    Just wanted to thank all of you for trying to help i appreciate that and i will try to remove some things from my bb and see what happens
    10-07-08 05:01 PM
    Before I had a BB, I had an issue similar to this with my Moto Razr. I tried everything from restoring the phone to getting a new battery. After that I called TMO and they told me it most likely was my SIM card. They told me to take it to a TMO store and pay the $20 or whatever it was for a new SIM card.

So I go to the store, and when they try to transfer the phone numbers from the old to the new, they could not even do that.

The guy did not charge me for it.... and since then I have never gotten sudden resets/shutdowns of any phone I have had.

So It could be a SIM card gone bad
    10-12-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD