I have a BT headset that isn't receiving an audio signal from the phone. I've properly setup the BT profile on the phone and was working with the phone up until this point (~3weeks). I've tried the headset on 2 other phones including an identical BB Pearl with success.

The phone shows that it paired but when I make a call no audio comes through the headset. From what I can tell there are no difference in settings between the working Pearl and the one that doesn't (ones a MTS and the other non-working one is a Verizon). I can transfer the call between the headset, the phone and the speakerphone. Both the phone and speakerphone work but the headset doesn't.

Are there any settings that could be screwing with the audio? I've made sure the headset isn't muted as well.

The headset: blueparrott .com/support/pdfs/B250manual.pdf
    04-27-09 02:19 PM
    First, do a battery pull. See if it works after that.
    I had a Pearl (with TMo) before I switched to Verizon and got my Storm, and occasionally, I would have audio problems on my Motorola H500 and H505 headset audio. Sometime only inbound audio would work, sometimes only outbound audio would work. Battery pull fixed it all but 1 time.

If it still doesn't work after a battery pull, see if you can pair a different BT headset to your device and have it work. If you don't know anyone else with a BT headset, maybe a rep at Best Buy or similar store would let you try one out in-store and test.

If the second headset doesn't work, I'd try wiping the BB and try it with a fresh OS install. (Had to do this the 1 time a battery pull didn't fix it)

Post back if none of these tricks work.
    04-27-09 02:27 PM
    Yes I've done a battery pull. I've also done disabled the Bluetooth and removed the paired device having to redo the pairing.

I haven't considered doing a wipe but I would only do that as a very last resort. The BB is connect via BES and it takes a while to sync up all the contacts, calendar and inbox items.
    04-27-09 02:35 PM
    Try using someone elses (preferrably a different model) headset and see if it will work with theirs

I agree wipe is last resort, especially if you have a lot of contacts / calendar events / emails on BES
    04-27-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD