November 14th. November 15th is my birthday, perfect.
    10-23-07 03:49 PM
    let me be the first to wish you a happy Nov 15th birthday, Trevor. Maybe you will spend it programming your new Pearl BB

Mike
    10-23-07 08:23 PM
    let me be the first to wish you a happy Nov 15th birthday, Trevor. Maybe you will spend it programming your new Pearl BB

Mike
    That would be perfect. We'll see.
    10-23-07 08:26 PM
    If you have a 8830, you could sell it on craigslist or ebay for at least $200. I can almost guarantee the pearl will be $519.99 at launch. They offer a lost/stolen program that will let you get it a the one year price. Which will probably be in the range of $399.99.

At least thats only a $200 difference for the phone, rather than $500.

Also, the phone will be available in retail Nov.8. Supposedly there was to be pre-order but I haven't seen anything.

And it will be able to use the vz navigator. NOT included in the data plan. They are going to charge an additional $10. (I truly hope that changes, but we will see)
    10-29-07 08:28 PM
    i'm a new bber
    10-29-07 09:00 PM
    So I actually got mine today. If you ask at the Verizon store, not online, and talk to the manager, you can make it happen. It is a pain, but I am playing with it right now and it is sweet! It took some prying, and you have to be really friendly and nice, but they are allowed to do it from Blackberry according to the Manager.
    11-01-07 06:25 PM
    So I actually got mine today. If you ask at the Verizon store, not online, and talk to the manager, you can make it happen. It is a pain, but I am playing with it right now and it is sweet! It took some prying, and you have to be really friendly and nice, but they are allowed to do it from Blackberry according to the Manager.
    People [ok me] are dying to know what you think. What features are enabled/disabled? How's the browser?

What did it cost? What did they charge you for a data plan?

Also when you say you "got" one. There was one in stock in a Verizon store? Seeing as I'd like to reproduce your magic what did you mean by "they are allowed to do it from Blackberry"?

Big question... If you send email on the Pearl through a POP account does the sent mail get stored on your server so that when you check your email on the computer later it is in your sent folder?

TIA

Cubro
    11-01-07 06:51 PM
    could you post a few pictures of it?
    11-01-07 07:11 PM
    What did they charge you for a data plan?

Data should be 29.99 for BIS w/voice plan (34.99 w/out) and still 44.95 for BES w/ voiceplan.
    11-02-07 04:44 PM
    Data should be 29.99 for BIS w/voice plan (34.99 w/out) and still 44.95 for BES w/ voiceplan.
    Thanks for the info.

I went by my local Verizon store, not a small store either. The bozos inside were pushing the new Samsung i760 like ****. I told them I don't do MS Mobile. Then they acted like they knew nothing about the Pearl, didn't know the pricing, didn't know the release date. Did know the new data rate after I pressed them but told me I'd have to completely change my family plan, etc. etc.

Slick hair, slick attitudes.

I walked out.
    11-02-07 06:02 PM
    Just got my pearl 2 also.. Works great... GPS looks to be locked down.. Not sure yet..
    11-03-07 11:52 AM
    The Pearl is now officially shipping on Verizon's web site. They announce they'll be in stores on the 8th.
    11-03-07 05:33 PM
    Just picked up mine at a local VZW store in the mall. They received theirs on Wed and said most stores should have as well.

I didn't realize I was due for an upgrade but I was and the phone was $240. I tried a couple of stores and was told my one that no sales allowed until the 8th, another said they expect them at the end of the month.

Still getting used to the keyboard. I have found that if you just type and don't pay attention to the words, it gets them 99% correct.
    11-03-07 06:41 PM
    ogeneo, Could you post some pictures of the device?
    11-04-07 10:20 AM
    ogeneo, Could you post some pictures of the device?
    I suppose, not really much to see beyond what you would on VZW's web page.

What would be better is a few screen shots of the OS, quite a bit of changes vs the 8830.

Let me see what I can do.
    11-04-07 10:26 AM
    Please let's see some pics. I'm dying a slow death!! Of course the vzw store in GA doesn't have it. They claim they only have "display" models. I would have to order one and have it delivered to the store (much quicker than having it shipped to my house...hmmmmm) I even called a vzw store in the heart of ATL, nothing, nada, bubkus! I can't believe w/all of the bb carrying celebs/business vzw doesn't have this in stock but I'm very happy some people were able to obtain one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-07 10:49 AM
    Just picked up mine at a local VZW store in the mall. They received theirs on Wed and said most stores should have as well.
    This whole release was/is so confusing and seems like poor planning. I ordered mine sunday after i saw several people here and at HoFo post that they alreasdy had theirs. So the 11/8 date was just....guidelines?
    11-05-07 11:50 AM
    Bought mine yesterday online.

There is considerable disagreement on multiple boards about this new BB data and email $29.95 rate and whether the data is "unlimited." When ordering online "unlimited" is used only for the other $45 plan.

Two things.

1. Spoke to a rep yesterday and decided to order the phone online as she said she could take the order but it wouldn't ship until 11/8. Went online and did a phone upgrade against my existing Family plan with no change to that plan. I paid $99 for the phone. Base of $299 -$100 for NE2 and -$100 "advanced device credit" +$23 tax (based on list price) = $123 total. Selected $29.95/month "Blackberry Service for Web and Email". The Pearl is already on the way via standard 2-Day FedEx. Should have it Wednesday.

2. The rep looked up the BB Web and Email service and said "it has a 10MB monthly limit. 500 emails = 1 MB" and that I can track usage via the usual #DATA call and upgrade to the $45/month plan if my usage gets too high.

I had to buy the phone but the plan is still suspect.
    11-05-07 12:29 PM
    This whole release was/is so confusing and seems like poor planning. I ordered mine sunday after i saw several people here and at HoFo post that they alreasdy had theirs. So the 11/8 date was just....guidelines?

Dunno.. called three local stores, one said he has them but I must wait until the 8th. The 2nd said he didn't know about a Pearl and if anything, expect something at the end of the month. The 3rd said, "sure.. I've had them since Wed, come on down and buy one if you like".
    11-05-07 12:34 PM
    It's definitely varying store to store.

I went to my store and the manager would not release one for sale. I told him I was leaving to go out of town the rest of this week. He offered to hold one for me to pick up on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning, but that was all he would do.

On a positive note, I was able to demo the 8130 that was sent to my local store's data manager. I'm a complete BB noob, but man, I'm sold! The 2MP camera is really nice and takes decent pics for a cell phone. I can't wait to dump my VX6700.
    11-05-07 02:07 PM
    Dunno.. called three local stores, one said he has them but I must wait until the 8th. The 2nd said he didn't know about a Pearl and if anything, expect something at the end of the month. The 3rd said, "sure.. I've had them since Wed, come on down and buy one if you like".
    Gah!! Stuff like that drives me crazy. I know that this is not the darling release (LG Voyager) but sheesh people, how hard is it to have a plan and stick with it.

Don't get me wrong, part of me likes having gotten it early but the other part of me goes crazy when release dates get all.......messed up.

/rant
    11-06-07 10:12 PM
    Bought mine yesterday online.

There is considerable disagreement on multiple boards about this new BB data and email $29.95 rate and whether the data is "unlimited." When ordering online "unlimited" is used only for the other $45 plan.

Two things.

1. Spoke to a rep yesterday and decided to order the phone online as she said she could take the order but it wouldn't ship until 11/8. Went online and did a phone upgrade against my existing Family plan with no change to that plan. I paid $99 for the phone. Base of $299 -$100 for NE2 and -$100 "advanced device credit" +$23 tax (based on list price) = $123 total. Selected $29.95/month "Blackberry Service for Web and Email". The Pearl is already on the way via standard 2-Day FedEx. Should have it Wednesday.

2. The rep looked up the BB Web and Email service and said "it has a 10MB monthly limit. 500 emails = 1 MB" and that I can track usage via the usual #DATA call and upgrade to the $45/month plan if my usage gets too high.

I had to buy the phone but the plan is still suspect.
    ??? From looking at Verizon's indirect paperwork, the 29.99 data package is unlimited exclusively for the blackberry personal use (BIS). I'm sure the 24.95 plan still exists for 10 mb but whats the point of that....

The 44.95 plan is for other smart phones (ex: Treos, i760, 6800, etc...) and for blackberry BES customers.

As for me, when i signed up on line, it kept trying to get me to have the 44.95 plan. Every time i clicked the bb specific one, it would default on the confirmation page as the 44.95....
    11-06-07 10:18 PM
    Got my 8130 on Monday and am loving it. Ihad the 8830 and wanted something smaller and was waiting patiantly for this phone to come out. I was able to go into the verizon store inside the Circuit City that I work at and had no problem getting it early. Did I say that I LOVE this phone!!!

I am still getting used to the sure type. I have just learned to type as I would with my 8830 and it gets the words right 99% of the time. Them camera is great and yes it does ship with version 4.3 as well as the new Desktop manager software. .
    11-07-07 02:14 AM
    Awesome dude. Enjoy!!
    11-07-07 12:20 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD