I have no idea what happened to my pearl, but it went absolutely insane on me. It first started accesssing my phonebook and freezing on that screen. I did a battery pull and nothing happened it still opened the phonebook and froze, did a second pull, and still no dice. Then a new symptom appeared it accessed the contact list and acted as if i pressed the pearl button repeatedly over and over. I shut it off cleaned the pearl and still no dice. I have no idea whats going on, but it seems to have a mind of its own, accesing the camera and taking a picture. ughhhhh, I want to throw this pearl across the room, but i know better so instead i go on crackberry seeking a cure any help guys?
    06-24-09 03:54 PM
    I have no idea what happened to my pearl, but it went absolutely insane on me. It first started accesssing my phonebook and freezing on that screen. I did a battery pull and nothing happened it still opened the phonebook and froze, did a second pull, and still no dice. Then a new symptom appeared it accessed the contact list and acted as if i pressed the pearl button repeatedly over and over. I shut it off cleaned the pearl and still no dice. I have no idea whats going on, but it seems to have a mind of its own, accesing the camera and taking a picture. ughhhhh, I want to throw this pearl across the room, but i know better so instead i go on crackberry seeking a cure any help guys?
    My blackberry 8130 crashed about 2 weeks ago it was doing the same thing but my hour glass just kept spinning and then it shut off and wouldn't turn back on. The light flashed 4 times then stop. So they said my os crashed. Last week my boyfriends phone did the same thing and took that one back too. Now our new phones ar messing up and freezing and making weird noises when we talk on them. What is going on ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 04:07 PM
    Mine had a freak out too I was able to finally shut it off properly and I charged it to full battery overnite, unplugged the charger and did a battery pull without turning it on again. It seemed to do the trick tho my freakout doesn't seem to be as bad as your phone was.... If it hasn't been too long into ur contract, I would see what your provider says, maybe they can get you a new one...
    06-24-09 05:10 PM
    Mine had a freak out too I was able to finally shut it off properly and I charged it to full battery overnite, unplugged the charger and did a battery pull without turning it on again. It seemed to do the trick tho my freakout doesn't seem to be as bad as your phone was.... If it hasn't been too long into ur contract, I would see what your provider says, maybe they can get you a new one...
    Well I decided to reinstall the OS, and still the same thing, I'm not sure what's going on but I got it under control, your gonna love this method of fixing, (do not try this) I got fed up and tossed the phone luckily I hit my bed it bounced off and fell on the carpet, what do you know it stoped!! I decided to remove the trackball and check out the sensor, I guess that something was screwing with the mechanism, now the only issue is trackball requires quiet a bit of pressure to use, ugh, I'm going to sprint tom to see if they can do something, if not I might just try something my self. Had the pearl for about 6 months or so.

06-24-09 08:08 PM
    Lol! I totally believe my BlackBerry knows when its done P'd me off as I will furiously press the end + back buttons a trillion times whilst swearing like a drunkard LOL! Sometimes a good toss upside the wall is all it needs! Maybe the impact made a certain circuit connect so it can work a lil better! I've had mine for 4 months and I never hated and loved a phone so much! LOL good luck with your BlackBerry for as frustrating as they are they are that awesome heh.
    06-24-09 08:36 PM
    lol I guess thats the relationship i gained with a phone, becoming a new blackberry user, if i find out i cant do anything then im probably just going to paint the led light and get a new cover to pimp out what i got.
    06-24-09 09:46 PM
    Sounds like what happened to my pearl last week... tried everything to fix, even reflash of OS and 3 different OS's.. no help.. took it to a verizon coroprate store and they replaced it, free. Well not exactly free since I have the TEC insurance on it... so 5.99 a month over the past 20 months of my contract... about 120 bucks!.. ah well, got a new phone out of the deal and didnt burn my ne2 and getting a tour next month.. so it will make a nice backup phone!
    06-25-09 08:52 AM
    Well I have an app called pimp my pearl. It let's you change the color of ur led light and you won't believe the colors it can actually be! I made me sis jealous cuz her curve don't have an app called pimp my curve! LOL
    06-26-09 08:11 PM
    To my understanding the pearl 8130 cannot change the led light in the trackball

06-27-09 09:43 AM
    Ya I know.... In the app description it said the trackball color changes but it doesn't. Oh well its a decent lil app. It drains the battery a lil. I only use it when I wanna show off hahaha
    06-27-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD