So I upgraded my 8110 phone to the Vodafone .126(not entirely sure on the number, I had to delete it from my comp to downgrade) OS and I was not too happy about it, so I researched how to downgrade and checked the method with 5 different sources to make sure I didn't just come up with a flawed method.

I then went with the JL_Cmder program to wipe my handheld then installed the standard at&t 4.3 release using apploader, then something went horrribly wrong.

Somehow there was some sort of communication error between the DM and the phone, then my computer stopped seeing the device. When I connected it to USB I got nothing, when I go to use the apploader program there is no longer a PIN number displayed (simply a comX pulldown menu) so I decided to install the newest DM (I wasn't aware mine was only 4.3) and now my computer is freezing on the installation of that program so I am stuck.

No phone, no DM (because the install freezes halfway through install, after it deletes 4.3) and no more patience. Help please!
    09-26-08 08:44 PM
    09-26-08 08:53 PM
    Thanks Sunkast, I had a weird problem where none of that seemed to work but then I let decided to go to the bar for a little while and I left the battery out and the computer off then came home and it all installed fine (so long as I didn't use apploader)

The problem that all of this arose from is still there though, but I'll live with not being able to restore my backed up data
    09-26-08 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD