Hey everyone,

This is my first time hooking up my 8130 to the laptop with the usb cable that came with the phone. In the connection settings of the manager, I click the detect button but it's not finding the phone.

Anyone know what may be the problem or what I can do?

Thanks.
    01-25-08 08:44 PM
    Well, I solved it....it's the OEM usb cable. I took the usb cable that came with my Canon SD1000 which just happens to fit the blackberry and plugged it into the laptop. Immediately recognized the blackberry. I did a search and this appears to be my issue only. Weird.
    01-25-08 09:07 PM
    That IS weird!... first I've heard of a bad OEM USB cable.
    01-25-08 09:55 PM
    The device is recognized in the device manager as installed and working. after i swapped the cable i was able to sync. Thanks for your help!
    08-13-08 02:14 PM
    its a mini usb cable, i�ve had alot of cables which posed issues, the best cable i used was the one that came with my NW-HD5 Sony Walkman, gold plated with 2 ferrite filters, never failed,

thats one of the things i like about the BB, the mini usb cable is standart, and you can get another one from any computer store for 5 bucks, so one goes with you, one stays home, another for the office,
    Last edited by Aevum; 08-13-08 at 02:26 PM.
    08-13-08 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD