Hi.

I'm having some trouble with my new blackberry and I was wondering if anyone here could help me out. I'm on Virgin mobile in Canada with an 8130 with software version 4.5.0.56. The problem is I can't get the blackberry browser to work. Or any applications like google maps, facebook, or blackberry maps. I get the error message "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later" or "device not configured". I see that my default browser is "virgin mobile browser". I can go to the virgin page on the blackberry browser, and out to the internet through there, but no applications seem to work. Opera mini works great though. Do any of you guys have any ideas? Tech support at virgin said they would call me back, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks a lot for any help,
    Scott
    09-22-08 09:21 PM
    no one has run into this before?
    09-23-08 07:19 PM
    I haven't seen that specific message before, but a common problem is having the browser set to emulate IE instead of the BlackBerry. That can fool sites into thinking you are not using a BlackBerry, with the results you describe. Check your browser general options and make sure the emulation is set to BlackBerry, and check all the boxes in Options / Browser Configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the wapforums pages to display properly.
    09-23-08 10:31 PM
    Thanks Jeff,

Thanks for the help, I went through and checked what you said, but to no avail. Hopefully the new OS I'm getting now will help!
    09-24-08 07:39 PM
    If Virgin Mobile Canada is like Virgin Mobile in the states these things probably aren't working because they lock their phones down so much that you can only use their applications, buy their wallpapers, and ring tones.
    09-24-08 07:45 PM
    really, that sucks. Is there any way to circumvent that?
    09-24-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD