Hi,

I tried to Update my Bberry Pearl with 4.5 version with Desktop Manager...

Everything went well until first handset reboot... Desktop Manager was unable
    to reconnect to Pearl... even if windows still recognize the phone as being connected to USB... A no OS Logo appeared on the Pearl and after that, impossible to continue update or even restart update as Desktop Manager doesn't see the Pearl connected.

What can i do to reinstall OS if Desktop Manager doesn't see the Pearl...
    Is there a solution for that... have you ever seen that problem???

Tried to use the loader... even without the battery in the phone and still doesn't work... starting to be desperate... seems like my phone is dead but i don't understand why???

Thanks in advance for any help!!

P.S. When i connect it to USB, Windows is able to see the MicroSD Card but Desktop Manager is unable to see the PIN so it can't connect and perform the installation.
    05-04-09 12:09 PM
    There are two ways to do the update. The simplest for most users is the Automatic upgrade link from your carrier. If that is what you were using, you may to revert to a manual upgrade.

Did you download and install your device OS? You can check that with Windows / Control Panel / Programs. There should be two BlackBerry packages installed, BlackBerry Desktop Software and a matching OS package.

The failed install has caused a problem with the USB ports. The simplest way to correct that, do a Repair reinstall from the Windows Control Panel. That should correct the USB fault.

From there, you can restart Applications Loader and continue.

Members have reported the "Unable to reconnect during an multi-stage ...". and have reported success after several tries.
    05-04-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD