hey guys i have been reading up on that you are supposed to have about 12 mb of free space for you bb to run right, well i just got my bb about a week ago. I have a memory card so everything that can be stored on memory card is, like music and pics are on memory card,all i have on memory is, the Xberry xbox theme, I have gone through and deleted everything that i dont want, if i do a battery pull it goes to 8800000 kb but after 1 day it goes all the way down to 2200000 kb which in assuming is 2.2 mb. i dont want to do battery pulls 2 times a day.

Apps include:

alltel pocket express
    myspace
    Pandora
    tv guide mobile
    crackberry app
    axess shop

and all the ones that cone on the bb
    05-03-09 11:38 PM
    cody just make sure that your media is indeed being stored on the media card. Also any themes that you may have downloaded you should delete as well as old emails, texts, etc. There is a link on memory optimization in my signature if you need it. Good luck!
    05-03-09 11:42 PM
    Yes everything is being store on the card, It just kind of makes me irritated that i cant put that much stuff on my blackberry without slowing it down. I looked at the memory optimization, and i did all that but I cant seem to find the blackberry sample video.
    05-04-09 12:04 AM
    I have looked everywhere for the sample video and I don't think they it comes on the 8130. Or it doesn't come on the os that Alltel uses

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 12:26 AM
    I have looked everywhere for the sample video and I don't think they it comes on the 8130. Or it doesn't come on the os that Alltel uses

The sample video is removed on all the 4.5 OS.
    05-04-09 04:28 PM
    You should be able to get a lot more on your BB.I have an 8120 and have 14free and this what I have:google maps, google sync,quick pull, berrybuzz, bbalarm pro,weather eye,Chuzzle,Poker Blast,facebook,Cb launch channel 6 news launch, ereader, yahoo im, 3rd party theme,viigo,pandora I think that's it.
    I followed the optimize directions on this site. So either things are not going on your sd card or their is something wrong with your bb.

05-05-09 08:29 PM
    In MY opinion, the Alltel 8130 has a big problem with not being able to delete some of those lame apps that comes on it. I had one when i worked for Alltel, and it's a big downfall. Just make sure to keep Event Log and messages cleaned out. That should help out. And do ur battery pull probably once a day.
    05-05-09 08:45 PM
    Yes everything is being store on the card, It just kind of makes me irritated that i cant put that much stuff on my blackberry without slowing it down. I looked at the memory optimization, and i did all that but I cant seem to find the blackberry sample video.
    The first thing you need to check is the software installed on your Pearl. Options / About will confirm if you have v4.3xx or v4.5xx installed.

If it is v4.5xx, that is a good starting place.

Next, Media / Options. Device Memory Limit should be set to 5 Mb, Reserved Picture Memory 0 Mb.

If you have the earlier OS, the minimum setting is 12 Mb plus all the samples.

Upgrading would be a good idea.
    05-06-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD