Is anyone else having any issues with sending MMS messages on with Bell? People from Roger's and Telus are sending me MMS and I can receive their pics fine. They don't even have a data plan and their models aren't Blackberries. I on the other hand do have a data plan the 30 $ unlimited e-mail and internet one. No one is receiving any of my pics. Not quite sure what to do. Frustrating.

Any help would be great thanks guys.
    01-11-09 01:36 AM
    You can't send MMS messages through your BB. You can send them via email to their phone.

That seems to work for me.
    01-11-09 07:19 AM
    You can't send MMS messages through your BB. You can send them via email to their phone.

That seems to work for me.
    How is taht possible? The phone has a sub-section for MMS messages alongside SMS messages. Also, like I said, not everyone has data plans for cell phone e-mail. Rogers and Telus BB pearls are MMS'ing fine. I'm even receiving MMS's from non BB phones that aren't even data phones.
    01-12-09 04:27 PM
    I'm trying to find a solution for this very same problem! Infuriates me!! I am about to jump ship to Roger's. Can anyone help?
    01-16-09 09:41 AM
    I'm trying to find a solution for this very same problem! Infuriates me!! I am about to jump ship to Roger's. Can anyone help?
    Alright, after talking with Bell Data services, I managed to get it to work. You need to upgrade the OS to 4.5 via the file from businesseonthego.com. Just to make sure you should have them walk you through the steps. But once that's done we can finally use the send mms function. Works for me now but have not tested sending short clips, just pictures.

As I was waiting for the phone to update itself, I asked why it didn't work out of the box to the rep on the phone. Apparently Bell's policy was that none of their BB can send MMS ( I know I know....bs... ) not even the Storm... According to them BB users send texts and pictures exclusively via e-mail function. I told them that doesn't make sense considering how there is built in freaking MMS function. She conceded that Bell is now aware that more users want to be able to MMS without using e-mails since BB are now cheaper and more and more High School/University/College kids can afford a BB. Hence them telling people to update to 4.5. I still call BS. But whatever. It's solved

You can do it on your own, and I don't know if it HAS to be an OS from the Bell website but that's how I went about it. Good Luck.

Cheers.
    01-16-09 02:00 PM
    Interesting. I have the latest OS version installed and still no luck with MMS. Spent time on the phone with tech support, data services, customer care throughout different parts of the day. You name it, I spoke with them. I've been having thing problem for over a year and have spent countless time with bell trying to fix it to no avail.

It's funny, because depending upon who I spoke to at Bell, I got different, and contradicting accounts of the problem and what was going on. The very last person I spoke to, the person whom I negotiated the termination of my contract with, finally admitted that the data center told him that the only way to send picture/video/voice note is through email or bb msngr. So I don't know. I had another guy tell me he send pictures around the the world with his bb.

In the end, I'm out. I give up. I was able to negotiate my way out of a 3 year contract and I'm going over to Rogers where I know they support direct MMS and the the holy grail of txt msg, AUTO MORE!!

I'll miss my Pearl, but I'll welcome the Bold.

BTW, in an attempt to keep me as a customer, Bell offered me half price on my features and to replace my Pearl with a Storm. Very tempting, but I'd still be frustrated with the same problems. I guess Bell will learn they have to step their policies up to me the demands of the customer. It's almost like a car with no reverse gear based on the thought that you go forward most of the time...
    01-16-09 10:21 PM
    i have always been able to send mms messages no problem with my pearl on bell....thats weird no one elses works... i have had my pearl for over a year now and have never had a issue
    01-17-09 01:21 AM
    Desn't make any sense at all... lol
    01-18-09 12:46 PM
    Ya this sucksss... when I first got my BB I could send MMS messages. Then I had to get a replacement curve cuz the first one was randomly restarting. now i cant send MMS messages anymore!! I think it has something to do with the service books.. I could be wrong. But when I resent them it still didnt work
    03-07-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD