I was reading for other phones (Tour, Bold, etc.) there is a bedside mode.
    While charging it turns the keypad and trackball off but leaves the clock lit up.

Does anyone know if there is one on the pearl or a way to get it?
    08-08-09 10:42 PM
    Perhaps when a new OS is released. Just my guess but it is a very kewl feature!
    08-08-09 11:04 PM
    That is cool but as of now the pearl can't do it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 11:09 PM
    I tried looking for one but could not find
    08-09-09 01:32 AM
    If you ever do post it up because I would like it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 02:36 AM
    This will do what you want with the screen, and some other nifty things too. You can put in on stand-by if you want to deactivate the pad.

BBLight v1.95 – Free Backlight App Adds Vibe And Ring Functionality | BerryReview.com �
    08-09-09 07:57 AM
    This will do what you want with the screen, and some other nifty things too. You can put in on stand-by if you want to deactivate the pad.

BBLight v1.95 – Free Backlight App Adds Vibe And Ring Functionality | BerryReview.com �
    I use the free BBLight app to keep my Pearl's backlight on while connected to an external power source (i.e., my Seidio cradle), and then turn on the free BigClock app found at BigClock / free download. I also bought the Profiler app to change the phone's profile from Normal to Phone Only every night at 10:00 and then change it back to Normal at 7:00 each morning. It's a cobbled together version of Bedside Mode and it only cost me $2.99 (Profiler was on sale when I bought it).
    08-09-09 09:16 AM

wow thanks for the post wolf ! might have to purchase this one
    08-09-09 10:08 AM
    wow thanks for the post wolf ! might have to purchase this one
    It's free C, and one of my favorite apps! I love it when I'm driving, or deep into a BBM with my Kanga. You never have to push a button to light up the screen, and let's face it, that LED takes up a tiny amount of power, and the darn things last forever.
    08-09-09 10:20 AM
    I use the free BBLight app to keep my Pearl's backlight on while connected to an external power source (i.e., my Seidio cradle), and then turn on the free BigClock app found at BigClock / free download. I also bought the Profiler app to change the phone's profile from Normal to Phone Only every night at 10:00 and then change it back to Normal at 7:00 each morning. It's a cobbled together version of Bedside Mode and it only cost me $2.99 (Profiler was on sale when I bought it).
    Thanks both of you! I will have to check these out.

Hopefully with the next OS there will be something
    08-09-09 11:10 AM
    I just downloaded the BigClock app and installed it.

The whole display blinks on and off, not just the time. Anyone know how to fix this? Otherwise this app is wonderful!
    08-09-09 11:33 AM
    It's free C, and one of my favorite apps! I love it when I'm driving, or deep into a BBM with my Kanga. You never have to push a button to light up the screen, and let's face it, that LED takes up a tiny amount of power, and the darn things last forever.
    just put it on my device works very well
    08-09-09 01:52 PM
    I just downloaded the BigClock app and installed it.

The whole display blinks on and off, not just the time. Anyone know how to fix this? Otherwise this app is wonderful!
    The controls are pretty rudimentary and not as user friendly as I'd like. You just have to play with it a bit. Here are the controls for the various options:

Features:

Carillon every hour

Vibrate and sound at 15/30/45 minutes.

Alarm

Rotating display

Time adjust *NEW*

Commands:

* - Switch horizontal / vertical display

# - Format: 24h / 24h without seconds / 12h AM-PM

0 - Flash every second (use as emergency beacon!)

1 - Change foreground color

2 - Time adjust

3 - Change background color

4 - Sound enable / disable (does NOT override alarm)

6 - Vibra enable / disable

7 - Backlight enable / disable (overrides `0`)

8 - Alarm menu

9 - Quit

It sounds like you need to turn the flash off by hitting "0" while you have the BigClock app open.
    08-10-09 05:30 AM
    Thanks... it works now!
    08-10-09 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD