I installed beamberry in an attempt to open email applications. This program has a "QuickStartGuide.pdf" every time I try to open it I get the "server communication error" message. Any suggestions?
    12-06-07 01:59 PM
    Have you got your APN settings in place?

Options --> Advanced Options --> TCP
    12-07-07 09:06 AM
    I had this problem when I had to replace my first 8130 because of a "standby" issue. Turned out the the service books had to be resent by the techs at Verizon. The guy told me it's possible to get the service books yourself at their website but I did not follow this up and I do not know how to do it. However, once that was done, Beamberry works perfectly again. BTW, the longest part of getting this fixed was the wait on the phone to get to the tech.
    12-07-07 09:58 AM
    I Guess I have more searching to do. I can't find the APN? settings or the TCP? And Have no idea what they are. But thanks for the replies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-07 10:09 AM
    Can Anyone elaborate on TCP and APN. Please. I can't open any attachments. If I go to options > advanced options> TCP is not there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-07 06:44 PM
    There are no APN settings for VZW BBs
    12-10-07 09:12 AM
    I deleted BeamBerry, had the service books re-sent, then downloaded BeamBerry again.
    I still can't open attachments and the QuickStartGuide.pdf is now gone. Still getting server communication errors. Any further suggestions would be appreciated..
    12-11-07 03:09 PM
    I deleted BeamBerry, had the service books re-sent, then downloaded BeamBerry again.
    I still can't open attachments and the QuickStartGuide.pdf is now gone. Still getting server communication errors. Any further suggestions would be appreciated..
    Hmm, now I'm not sure. I did exactly what you say above and mine worked perfectly. Perhaps it's time to get the Beamberry suport team involved. I know, silly question, but did you try the few hints as listed on the Beamberry site? Also, I'm using personal email rather than a Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are using the BES, then perhaps the fix would be different.
    12-11-07 03:56 PM
    I'm also using BIS, I also tried the tips in the FAQ section of the BeamBerry site. No changes. At this point i'd just like to get the QuickStartGuide.pdf back. It disappeared when i deleted and reinstalled.
    Thanks for your responses, i'll keep trying.
    12-11-07 04:09 PM
    Please keep us informed. What you find out will definitely help others. Good Luck!
    12-11-07 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD