Ok ... So here's my issue with Hotmail on my new BB Pearl 8130. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

When I first got a Blackberry (7230) with Rogers years ago, I got it so that I can send and receive my Hotmail messages. Rogers told me that I had to upgrade to Hotmail Plus so that it would integrate properly. I did and it worked perfectly. Then I switched to Bell (BB 7130e) and everything worked perfect with them as well. (I'd delete messages and it would go to my deleted folder, I'd read messages and it would mark it as read, I'd send and it would store in the sent folder, etc.). Now I switched to Telus (BB Pearl 8130) b/c of their $15 unlimited e-mail, messaging and yes... Web Browsing! to save more than $50/month on my data package. I break even in 6 months just on the monthly savings alone.

My problem though ... Is that the TELUS BIS does not integrate as well with Hotmail as did the Rogers and Bell BIS. Telus is telling me that the issue is that Hotmail is POP3 and they need IMAP settings for it to work properly and told me that I have to contact Hotmail to get their IMAP settings.

Is there something Rogers and Bell know about Hotmail Integration that Telus does not? Has anyone else had this issue with Telus and found a workaround to make this work? Telus Data Tech Support have no idea what they are doing and have left it up to me to figure it out! HELP!!! The monthly savings are great but I hate going to my hotmail and having to mark everything as read or delete it again!
    01-23-08 08:52 AM
    Free Hotmail, will only work if it was created before 2000, period. Anytime after that you have to upgrade to the Plus feature...

I say get a GMail account! It's free, and offers the BEST spam protection...
    01-23-08 11:07 AM
    I have Hotmail Plus... Everything worked fine with Rogers and Bell but now that I'm with Telus it's not integrating as well as before ... I really don't get it? The BIS is through RIM and should be the same for everyone but it's not in my case??!?!
    01-23-08 05:48 PM
    Google hotmails imap settings if that's what they say you need, I haven't used hotmail plus, so that's my advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-08 10:01 PM
    I would suggest deleting the hotmail account from the device, do a reset and check service books to ensure the account is gone. Then recreate the account manually via the BIS website using the appropriate IMAP settings.
    01-24-08 06:15 AM
    as i often say here in the forums, i, too, had to ditch hotmail for gmail and am glad i did. i can still check hotmail, even though it isn't pushed to my berry - but i don't have to worry about all that junkmail. good luck to you - hope you can get it resolved.
    01-24-08 06:46 AM
    as i often say here in the forums, i, too, had to ditch hotmail for gmail and am glad i did.
    Yes, Gmail push to the BB is most often surprisingly instantaneous. I occasionally receive Gmail on my BB before I get the notification on PC.
    01-24-08 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD