Be gentle please, first post, first blackberry!

OK got an 8110 pearl on t-mobile (UK) at the weekend, plan is flext 40 with mobile email on blackberry and web and walk.

As far as I can tell the OS is 4.3.0.104 (Platform 2.6.0.59)

Have been playing with my new toy since I got it and have the following queries on certain applications, hope someone can help, calls to t-mobile and RIM have proved fruitless at the moment.

Blackberry Maps

It has Blackberry maps loaded. Have tried using this but get a grey striped screen and the message "Your device is not configured for BIS or BES access consult your wireless service provider or system administrator"

Am I incorrectly assuming that it is configured for BIS via the t-mobile site

Does this mean that T-mobile do not support this and it will not work on this contract? I know t-mobile promote telenav and that works, but seems mighty slow at the moment. From what i`ve researched certain carriers have blocked access is this the same with t-mobile? service book is showing the following;
    record type /active
    name/blackberry maps eu
    uid/lbs
    cid/lbsconfig
    userid/-1
    dsid/ blank
    gatewayip/ //206.51.26.1.92:19031;19030/blackberry.netIgpak
    description/ blackberry maps

Although I am trialling telenav, would like to trial this, if it is not supported is it safe to uninstall to free up memory?

Google Maps

Downloaded this as an option as couldn't get BBMaps to work. keep getting an error message telling me that I do not have a data plan and certain blackberry models need to be reconfigured! Any clues on this please. Web and Walk is the data plan

Micro sd card size

Have been given different views on this, t-mobile say that max acceptable is 2gb, but have read elsewhere and on here that 4gb will work. Can anyone advise please

Beaming contacts over bluetooth

Is there any way of beaming contacts/ vcards with bluetooth to non blackberry users? and vice versa? This seems to be the only device that I can't do it with unless I send as an attatchment via email.

That's all I can think of at the moment, any advise greatly appreciated

Many Thanks
    Steve
    07-18-08 04:31 PM
    I'm not sure what web and walk is (I live in the US and have Sprint)N but from what you described (if comparable with US TMo plans), you do not have a BB internet plan, which is required to load the data included in BB Maps, and Google Maps. As to the other questions, I'm not quite sure. Haven't really looked into those features. I believe that 4.3 is supposed to support up to an 8Gig micro SD card, but I could be wrong. Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 04:54 PM
    Welcome aboard, Steve! You will find all the answers to your questions right here on Crackberry.
    07-18-08 04:58 PM
    Have now got this sorted!!!!! Spent an hour and a half with a very knowledgeable bb expert in my local t-mobile store and I can now access bbmaps and google maps.
    For anyone else that gets a "not configured for BES or BIS" error message you need to ensure and insist that your carrier has provisioned your account correctly with your correct data plan! this was the problem with mine and was easily resolved
    Steve
    07-19-08 09:38 AM
    I have 8110 with ATT and have a 4g memory card. Hope this help

07-20-08 12:48 AM
    I have an limited data plan. How do i tether my 8110?
    07-20-08 04:32 AM
    I have the same Pearl and OS and am using 8gb memory card with no problems.

07-20-08 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD