Hi,

Please can someone help me?

I recently upgraded from a Pearl 8100 to a Pearl 8120 on Orange and suddenly I am unable to add contacts to my BB messneger. I have tried adding by both email and PIN.

When someone tries to add me I get an email saying:

"xxxx would like to add you to his or her BlackBerry Messenger Contact List.

If you don't currently have the required application on your device, please visit BlackBerry.com/messenger to learn more about this service.

Once you've installed BlackBerry Messenger, return to this message to accept this request.

-------o-------80:AQEBAAEBBAACzLRShwAACAEAAwAVAAQCtoxa7nS7sNzhDOG fNu3mgcYPSlYBAAUuAQAGLgEABy4AAFA=

Sent using BlackBerry� from Orange"

The problem with this is that it doesnt give me any option to actually accept the request. There is no link or anything to click on to accept it. Likewise, it seems I am unable to add contacts.

Please can someone help as I use BB messenger quite regularly.

Many thanks in advance,
    Joel
    01-02-09 09:02 AM
    This sounds like you need to install BBM on your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 09:05 AM
    Yea I agree with vin dee Lou install bbm and then go from there. But ukf you already have it yet going into your applications and deleting bbm and then reinstall it and then your issue should be solved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 06:02 PM
    I had the exact same problem and solved it about five minutes ago. I decided to search the forums here for related posts so that I could help any poor souls as frustrated as I was earlier this morning and late last night.

Open your email settings.

My problem was that I had more than just my ...blackberry.net email address set up in my blackberry email. I also had a gmail account set up.

Delete your gmail account if you have one in there. This did it for me. I don't know if it's a problem with gmail specifically. When I deleted my gmail acccount, the only email address left in there was my blackberry.net account. Once I did this, everything worked like a charm. Note: I did notice that when I went into my email options, the gmail account was unverified. Perhaps if I had chosen to verify it, the problem would've been solved. But I just deleted my push gmail account.

If you don't have a gmail account, then maybe yahoo or hotmail accounts, etc., are giving you the same problem that gmail was giving me. So delete those.

If you had a gmail account set up and still want to use gmail, download the blackberry gmail app. It's totally seperate from your blackberry email and way easy to use. It has a cool interface as well and doesn't require you get on the web and wait for things to load forever. It won't interfere with Blackberry Messenger.

I hope this helps! Let me know.
    Last edited by thebossone; 01-29-09 at 05:03 PM.
    01-29-09 12:12 PM
    thanks all, i managed to uninstall and re-install bbm and it's still a bit temperamental but i have managed to add some contacts. can't believe they have all these bugs in this product!
    01-30-09 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD