OK, I have to admit, I regret purchasing the pearl. I don't understand why anyone would create an electronic device that requires pulling the battery out to "reboot it", for a $149 I think they could afford a RESET button.

That being said, my browser get STUCK and the only solution is to pull the battery out.

After 3 screen shut downs and 3 unlocks, I get the error message "unable to connect to the internet. . ." This is 100% false since 1, my UMA phone calls are working perfectly and two OPERA is working perfectly.

And that is the culprit, this only started happening after I install Opera, if if it wasn't for hotlinks such as CNN, MLB, and of course crackberry, I wouldn't even care about the BB browser, but since they all use the browser I still need it, and pulling the battery ever day can't be good for the phone and since I still have 1 year and 11 months on my contract, things don't look so promising.
    06-27-08 10:37 PM
    why don't you give softreset a try *** kickin program. you can get it over at geek and proud
    06-27-08 10:50 PM
    Yeah, I use SoftReset and it's a wonderful program. You don't need to pull any batteries and it has the same effect.

There's probably something wrong with the phone, so why not try taking it to a store or something (I didn't bother to see which carrier you had, but Verizon has tech support stores around me).

There's really not that much of a problem with the phone. Everyone talks about memory leaks, but I did the tutorials for deleting things and I currently have like 8 applications installed. Every few days I delete my massive amounts of text messages and do a SoftReset and the phone works wonderfully. It's really not that much of a hassle.
    06-27-08 11:59 PM
    Nice app guys, thank you.

I think I'll send that guy $10 since I now am using two of his apps (reset and auto lock) two apps, that I am shocked BB doesn't have as part of their OS.
    06-28-08 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD