I have a Verizon 8130 Pearl, and yesterday, the device erased the majority of my sms and e-mail messages, along with the call log (without warning). I have the device set up to delete messages after 30 days, so memory should not be an issue. The strange thing is, the messages that were left on the phone dated back to as far as July '07. Why would it leave these messages and delete all the recent ones, along with the call log?

I looked at my current memory storage, and the device shows 11213358 Bytes free, with a total device memory of 50462720. I cleared the cache on my browser, deleted all my pictures, and only have 2 third party apps installed.

I pulled the battery and did a hard reset-- to no avail. How do I get my messages back (they're not backed up). And what is causing the problem?
    04-17-08 03:09 PM
    I had this happen on my 8100 with plenty of memory remaining. Had to reload to os and haven't had a problem since

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-08 03:11 PM
    You will not get your sms's back but you should have a copy of your emails on your outlook or internet account.

It is a good idea to back up regularly.

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ax-memory.html
    04-17-08 03:21 PM
    But why is it happening -- and without warning, at that. Why wouldn't it say, "BB is low on memory, please free up space." And how can I be low on memory if I have the e-mails and SMSs deleting after 30 days. I never had this problem on the 8830 (though, that phone had a major problem in that you couldn't hear it ring or feel it vibrate). I'm starting lose confidence in BB.
    04-17-08 03:27 PM
    Same thing has been happening with the Sprint 8130. It seems to have something to do with the phone panicking when it has 0 free memory.
    04-19-08 08:52 PM
    I have the same problem with my 8130 (Sprint). It has erased the call log for no reason a couple of times. I did notice the revolving hour glass going for no reason, then I went to call logs and it was empty.
    04-19-08 11:10 PM
    My call logs were being deleted and I found that I had left the slide show running in photos. I guess you have to push back, until the main screen is showing on every application or you will leave it running. There may be a better way to stop an application from running but pushing the phone call end button is not it. It takes a while to figure out this little devil but ability to get emails is worth it for me.

When I first got the blackberry I had to reset by removing the battery several times a day. I took it back to the store thinking something was wrong. The technicians did the "ALT, L, G, L, G" then menu to delete the event log and It has run perfectly for nearly a month. Then the call log was deleted! That is when I found out that the slide show application used up too much memory. There is probably a way to tell it that the call log is not to be deleted if memory loss but I do not know what it is.
    04-27-08 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD